Skip to main content

Just another manic, MONDAY

Monday's are the most sad day in the world. The weekend is over, I'm usually too tired to be overly productive, and yet, they are the busiest day of the week. How is that? But, I've managed today, and hope that the rest of the week goes just as fast, so that we can have a relaxing weekend ahead of us. Oh wait...we're hoping to be working on our house, so I guess I could just say goodbye right now to any kind of relaxing weekend in my future. It'll be worth it in the end right? That's what they keep telling me.

This weekend was a whirlwind. We actually chilled out Friday night, but it wasn't much consolation after the week we'd had. We just watched a movie on TV and visited with Butch. And oh yeah, we closed on our house-- not the new one, but the 305 house. We weren't sure if it'd all come together on Friday afternoon, but at 5:15pm we walked away with a nice sized check. Too bad it won't last too long once you put some away, and use the rest to fix up the new place. If only money grew on trees...

Saturday I was at Brookston by 7am...yes, 7am on a SATURDAY to do my part in the garage sale. I made some cash, so I suppose it was worth it. And I was able to get rid of a bunch of things that I otherwise would have gotten no money for. It's amazing what some people will by, and yet even more amazing is what others put on the garage sale. Who goes to a garage sale to buy underwear and bras? I'm sorry, but that's just weird...I couldn't do it. More power to you if you can I guess? Then Saturday afternoon, we went to my cousin Jeff Demerly's wedding. It was so nice. Jenna was gorgeous and Jeff just grinned all day. Typical of Jeff...he's a lover. Fun haver. King of the party. If you're with Jeff, you're bound to have a good time. Jenna got a keeper...and I think Jeff did pretty well too. Jenna's a sweetie. I'll post the one and only picture I took. I had my camera out all night to capture the moments, and the only picture I got was on the way out the door...where "big bellies" united. Me at 22 weeks, Jeff at likely 22 beers. It was great to be around so many friends/family. I saw so many Purdue friends I'd not seen in AGES....that was great. And, Jason even danced with me...fast and slow songs. It was pretty monumental for him. He earned brownie points.

Sunday was a Stockment day. We went to Noblesville for Meredith's baptism. She was such a good baby. She let out her screams, but in the end, she dried up pretty quickly and was typical sweet Meredith the rest of the day. I'll post a cute picture of them too. Meredith and the proud parents. It was neat. Made me even more excited for our baby to get here. I've got this feeling, the farther along I get, the more impatient I'll be in waiting for the baby to arrive. Lots of things to do in the mean time though, so I better not rush it.

Tonight, I've got a date with the couch and the boob tube. I'm actually going to put my feet up and relax this evening, because the rest of the week has potential to keep busy...and I need at least a few hours of recuperation before I go back to my normally crazy schedule again. Okay...well, have a great night. I hope it's as relaxing as mine has the potential to be. Now some pictures...


  This is Jeff, the groom, and me, with our bellies. Dad & Ross said that they had big bellies too, so they thought they'd join the picture. Obviously flattering...hahaha.


  John & Jess, and Meredith in her adorable white dress. She had a matching bonnet, that made her look like a little Amish girl. It was adorable. Of course, she hated it.

It's 5 til 5, I'm outta here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...