Skip to main content

Destruction - Day 1

Well, we tore into the house last night, and actually made good progress. It's a busy day at work, but I wanted to take a minute to post a few pictures of things we found, that were interesting to me. We've got our work cut out for us,but I really think things are going to come together rather nicely. I'm anxious now to see the finished project....and we just started. I better learn to be patient.

This it what the dining room looks like, minus the nasty pink carpet. We'll likely put a laminate/hard wood back down on the far end of the room, making it a living room, and in the closer half of the room, we're thinking of just doing a computer/office room. It will probably be carpeted like the living room. Notice Jason working hard to pull out the carpet in the living room...he's a hard worker. I'm thankful for that.



This was my project. We took down the big mirrors in the bathroom to get the wallpaper off. When I started, I thought I was only tearing down white paper with hearts on it. Move the mirrors and you'll find something much more beautiful. What's great, is that this old yellow/orange/green color scheme, was evident through out the house, as you'll see in the next picture. Luckily, the paper all came off without a problem, but I'm pretty sure the glue is still on the wall??


This is all three stages of the stairs. The bottom is with nothing but leftovers of padding on it. The middle, is apparently the beautiful green/yellow someone before us has chosen. Above that, is the most recent cream carpet. It's all off now, and because the stairs are crooked, they'll likely be replaced. We're not sure what's causing the crookedness there...Jason's guessing a broken or rotting floor joist below that wall. Guess we'll find out this weekend...


I finally left about 7:30...to go home, fix supper, check the dog. I knew he was home alone. Apparently...that pissed him off. He'd done so well in his cage the last couple of days...but there comes a time when he needs to be out, get attention and apparently, a lot of it. So, on top of having worked hard all evening, we came home to a mess, and when Jason came home later, he played dog groomer and helped me give Murph a bath....he slobbers so bad when he barks, and he stinks. I really hope he doesn't do the same again tonight...since Mom & Dad will be gone. Poor guy...you have to feel bad for him...just so confused. Hmmm....anyway, the damage. Note that I just bought him this bed on Monday evening....


On another, unrelated note. Baby Stockment now weighs in at approximately 1lb 4oz. They are thinking my due date might be earlier, so that will be interesting. We got an awesome DVD and my parents were amazed. They couldn't believe the technology. The sex is still a mystery. She didn't point out any parts to us...Jason swears he saw girl parts, and I thought I saw boy parts...but really, how can you tell on those things?

Back to work. Hope you enjoy the photos...and I really hope they work this time? Not sure what the problem was before. Happy Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...