Well, Labor Day has passed, which pretty much means summer is officially
over. That's okay with me, now that I don't get summer breaks
anymore...it's really not my favorite season. I love fall. The changing
colors, the smell of harvest and combines in the field. I like
sweatshirt weather. Not too hot, not too cold. It's the perfect season.
Well, the long weekend passed much too quickly, but with all we had planned, I'm not surprised. Highlights included the Hall Fish Fry, cookout at Bart's, and helping Brad & Jacki around their new house.
The Fish Fry was a blast. Almost everyone was there, and we had such a great time. Jason played football with my brothers and cousins for so long, and so rough, that he was sore for the next two days. I thought maybe he was just out of shape, but when I've heard complaints from all of them, I'd say it is safe to say they played too rough! They enjoyed it though. I got an education from my cousin Stacy's little girl Sydney, and her counterpart, John's daughter Claire. They are too cute together, and so smart for their age. So proper. Did I mention how great the fish was, and I don't even like fish. Perfect weather, and great company...it was a fun day. Something we should do more than once every two years!!!
Sunday's cookout was relaxing, but a feast! We always enjoy going out there. Jason and Bart swap hunting stories and we always get to see some people we haven't seen in awhile, since we're not "Wolcott'ers" anymore. Well, me anyway...I guess Jason never was...
Brad & Jacki made a bunch of progress on their new place. It looks so different having some of those nasty old trees torn out. Jason helped a few days. I wasn't much of a help, but did my best to supply an ice cream break at just the right time on Monday afternoon! (Hey, it was the closing day for Frosty Freeze, is that not a good enough excuse??)
Back the grind this week, and it's been a crazy one. Work is picking up again, and it seems like things are all very urgent right now. Recruiters coming to campus for information sessions, and a few big College of Ag workshops are coming up, so I'm working with some old buddies from AGAD, and I enjoy that. What can I say, Ag is where my heart is. Nothing too exciting this weekend. Hopefully getting packed up and ready to move out to the farm in the next week or so. We won't actually be able to move right in, there's some work to be done first...cleaning & flooring. Hopefully though, we'll be more settled in by the end of the month. I hope anyway...this limbo period is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm a planner, and where there's no plan, just a go with the flow situation, I tend to struggle. Oh well...God's got a plan right? Better just go with it.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm still promising pictures, but realized I don't have a good one of the outside of the house. Hopefully I can get out there and take some soon. We'll be sure to keep you up to date on the progress.
PS. I'm starting to feel the baby kick more and more. That's exciting. I go back in two weeks, but I've had multiple people tell me now (here at work..) that they think I'm having twins. I'm not sure whether I should be offended, or curious. I've just popped in the last week or so...so I do look a lot bigger than I did, but man, I didn't think I was THAT big. Apparently I am. Besides, who said there was a perfect size/weight you had to be at each week of pregnancy? It's confusing...I wish there were more guidelines so I could tell if I am too big, not big enough, having twins, having just one...again, I'm a planner, and we've opted for all secrets, so this baby thing is a challenge in itself!! Okay, really, back to work for me...lunch break is over!
Well, the long weekend passed much too quickly, but with all we had planned, I'm not surprised. Highlights included the Hall Fish Fry, cookout at Bart's, and helping Brad & Jacki around their new house.
The Fish Fry was a blast. Almost everyone was there, and we had such a great time. Jason played football with my brothers and cousins for so long, and so rough, that he was sore for the next two days. I thought maybe he was just out of shape, but when I've heard complaints from all of them, I'd say it is safe to say they played too rough! They enjoyed it though. I got an education from my cousin Stacy's little girl Sydney, and her counterpart, John's daughter Claire. They are too cute together, and so smart for their age. So proper. Did I mention how great the fish was, and I don't even like fish. Perfect weather, and great company...it was a fun day. Something we should do more than once every two years!!!
Sunday's cookout was relaxing, but a feast! We always enjoy going out there. Jason and Bart swap hunting stories and we always get to see some people we haven't seen in awhile, since we're not "Wolcott'ers" anymore. Well, me anyway...I guess Jason never was...
Brad & Jacki made a bunch of progress on their new place. It looks so different having some of those nasty old trees torn out. Jason helped a few days. I wasn't much of a help, but did my best to supply an ice cream break at just the right time on Monday afternoon! (Hey, it was the closing day for Frosty Freeze, is that not a good enough excuse??)
Back the grind this week, and it's been a crazy one. Work is picking up again, and it seems like things are all very urgent right now. Recruiters coming to campus for information sessions, and a few big College of Ag workshops are coming up, so I'm working with some old buddies from AGAD, and I enjoy that. What can I say, Ag is where my heart is. Nothing too exciting this weekend. Hopefully getting packed up and ready to move out to the farm in the next week or so. We won't actually be able to move right in, there's some work to be done first...cleaning & flooring. Hopefully though, we'll be more settled in by the end of the month. I hope anyway...this limbo period is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm a planner, and where there's no plan, just a go with the flow situation, I tend to struggle. Oh well...God's got a plan right? Better just go with it.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm still promising pictures, but realized I don't have a good one of the outside of the house. Hopefully I can get out there and take some soon. We'll be sure to keep you up to date on the progress.
PS. I'm starting to feel the baby kick more and more. That's exciting. I go back in two weeks, but I've had multiple people tell me now (here at work..) that they think I'm having twins. I'm not sure whether I should be offended, or curious. I've just popped in the last week or so...so I do look a lot bigger than I did, but man, I didn't think I was THAT big. Apparently I am. Besides, who said there was a perfect size/weight you had to be at each week of pregnancy? It's confusing...I wish there were more guidelines so I could tell if I am too big, not big enough, having twins, having just one...again, I'm a planner, and we've opted for all secrets, so this baby thing is a challenge in itself!! Okay, really, back to work for me...lunch break is over!
Comments
Post a Comment