Four
weeks ago today, I was sitting in bed at Home Hospital, holding a itty
bitty baby boy, that was so fresh and new. Jason and I were in awe. His
parents were there visiting, and mine were just arriving to meet their
new grandson. It's so hard to believe that was almost a month ago. They
always said cherish each moment you have with your newborn, they will
grow up in a heartbeat, and that's so incredibly true. Suprisingly, two
people who cherish their sleep as much as they do their new son,
survived the wicked first month of sleepless nights. In fact, God
blessed us with a baby boy who in his own way, cherishes his sleep as
much as we do. We could probably count on one hand the number of nights
that we truly got very little sleep, and those have come more recently,
not right after he came home, which suprised us.
As I thought about that fact that Colton is almost 1 month, I also had to admit that my maternity leave is halfway over. That is actually kind of sad. True, I've complained about being cooped up at home, and this busybody isn't taking that very well...but on the flip side, having to take Colton to day care on that first day back to work, isn't going to be easy. Without a doubt, I will likely bawl the whole way to work. What can I say, I'm a crier! And Jason better just be prepared, because I'll probably call him for comfort, and he'll probably think I'm crazy for crying! HA
Colton is starting to really come to life. His personality is starting to show through more, and we are getting into more routines. Jason and I can both figure out what he needs when he cries a little bit easier than we did at first. That's probably because 9 times out of 10, this chunky monkey is hungry. I swear, the kid eats all day long. He's got a hearty appetite, that's for sure. He also loves to lay and play with dad under his "kick'n'crawl"...they do that about nightly. He's had his first bath, and loves them. We can't complain, he's a pretty happy baby, and we're so thankful for that. We took him to the doctor (ended up being for nothing, just worried parents who dont' really know what they are doing...) and found out that he weighs in at 10lbs, 13oz. Doc also commented on how strong his neck is, as he holds it up all the time. We are amazed too...Jason thinks it's a sure sign that he'll be the next strong all star on the Falcon Football team!
This past weekend, we took him to Jason's cousin's wedding. They told us not to take him out until he's at least 6 weeks, but we could have him around family and friends. Well, this is hard, because you want to show off your new baby. So, we compromised, and took him to the wedding, but not the reception. Talk about a circus...we worked so hard to get him all dolled up, fed, bathed, and content in his carseat so that he'd sleep during the wedding. We asked to sit near the back so that if he did wake up screaming, we had an easy exit. When we arrived at the wedding, there were probably 5 other mothers with baby carriers, who also wanted to sit near the back and numerous 3-8 month babies who were scattered throughout the church. Lots of crying, lots of baby babbling, and not one peep from our little joy. Thankfully. HA I am really not sure why we were so nervous about him making noise, or crying, but we didn't want to ruin the wedding I guess. And, having him there, made us want to take him out more. So, now that he's to the one month mark we're going to take him out more. In fact, tonight, we are finally taking him to see Grandma Hall. She's been dying to see him since he was born, and we've been dying to take him there....but being in a nursing home, there's probably virus after virus lurking around that place. So, we're going to sneak him in the back door to her room, and make sure we all have disenfected hands before we handle him, and hopefully all will be well.
Okay...enough chatter. Now for some updated pictures.
This is Dad giving Colton his first tub bath! No more cord!!
Jason has been thrilled with all the camo that people are outfitting Colton with! This is one outfit, and Dad. (I'd like to say that Jason has more than one shirt...he's got two of this same shirt actually, and as I post pictures, realize he's wearing a version of it in nearly every picutre! HA Oops!) Do you like how Murphy slipped into this picture...he doesn't want to be left out.
Later that same night, Sarah Clark came to visit, and Colton was so passed out in her arms, we had to post him with a beer can in the camo outfit!
This is what happens when I leave Dad & Colton alone...he was babysitting for me while I got groceries, and this is how I found them when I returned...
The next two are play time in the kick n'crawl and showing how strong Colton is...lifting his head up to see dad!
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have more pictures to post tomorrow, after our visit tonight with Gram!!
As I thought about that fact that Colton is almost 1 month, I also had to admit that my maternity leave is halfway over. That is actually kind of sad. True, I've complained about being cooped up at home, and this busybody isn't taking that very well...but on the flip side, having to take Colton to day care on that first day back to work, isn't going to be easy. Without a doubt, I will likely bawl the whole way to work. What can I say, I'm a crier! And Jason better just be prepared, because I'll probably call him for comfort, and he'll probably think I'm crazy for crying! HA
Colton is starting to really come to life. His personality is starting to show through more, and we are getting into more routines. Jason and I can both figure out what he needs when he cries a little bit easier than we did at first. That's probably because 9 times out of 10, this chunky monkey is hungry. I swear, the kid eats all day long. He's got a hearty appetite, that's for sure. He also loves to lay and play with dad under his "kick'n'crawl"...they do that about nightly. He's had his first bath, and loves them. We can't complain, he's a pretty happy baby, and we're so thankful for that. We took him to the doctor (ended up being for nothing, just worried parents who dont' really know what they are doing...) and found out that he weighs in at 10lbs, 13oz. Doc also commented on how strong his neck is, as he holds it up all the time. We are amazed too...Jason thinks it's a sure sign that he'll be the next strong all star on the Falcon Football team!
This past weekend, we took him to Jason's cousin's wedding. They told us not to take him out until he's at least 6 weeks, but we could have him around family and friends. Well, this is hard, because you want to show off your new baby. So, we compromised, and took him to the wedding, but not the reception. Talk about a circus...we worked so hard to get him all dolled up, fed, bathed, and content in his carseat so that he'd sleep during the wedding. We asked to sit near the back so that if he did wake up screaming, we had an easy exit. When we arrived at the wedding, there were probably 5 other mothers with baby carriers, who also wanted to sit near the back and numerous 3-8 month babies who were scattered throughout the church. Lots of crying, lots of baby babbling, and not one peep from our little joy. Thankfully. HA I am really not sure why we were so nervous about him making noise, or crying, but we didn't want to ruin the wedding I guess. And, having him there, made us want to take him out more. So, now that he's to the one month mark we're going to take him out more. In fact, tonight, we are finally taking him to see Grandma Hall. She's been dying to see him since he was born, and we've been dying to take him there....but being in a nursing home, there's probably virus after virus lurking around that place. So, we're going to sneak him in the back door to her room, and make sure we all have disenfected hands before we handle him, and hopefully all will be well.
Okay...enough chatter. Now for some updated pictures.
This is Dad giving Colton his first tub bath! No more cord!!
Jason has been thrilled with all the camo that people are outfitting Colton with! This is one outfit, and Dad. (I'd like to say that Jason has more than one shirt...he's got two of this same shirt actually, and as I post pictures, realize he's wearing a version of it in nearly every picutre! HA Oops!) Do you like how Murphy slipped into this picture...he doesn't want to be left out.
Later that same night, Sarah Clark came to visit, and Colton was so passed out in her arms, we had to post him with a beer can in the camo outfit!
This is what happens when I leave Dad & Colton alone...he was babysitting for me while I got groceries, and this is how I found them when I returned...
The next two are play time in the kick n'crawl and showing how strong Colton is...lifting his head up to see dad!
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have more pictures to post tomorrow, after our visit tonight with Gram!!
Comments
Post a Comment