So, a few weeks ago, right after Colton was born, Joe and Kathy Ruemler came to visit, and got us this really neat calendar, that has stickers that we can use to mark special days in Colton's first year. I had one when I was little, and they are really neat. So far, we've not had to place many stickers...just the "Today I came home from the hospital", "First Bath", etc. However, since I got that calendar, and filled in all the blanks to personalize it for Colton, I've been sqaundering over a silly,silly question. The next sticker I'll get to place on the calendar is "I'm 1 Month old today"...except, which day do I put it on?? Typically, I'd say that from January 30th to February 30th would be one month...except that February doesn't have 30 days...and to make it more confusing, it's a leap year, so there are 29 days. So, do I put that sticker at four weeks...which was yesterday, or choose a day either ther 28th or 29th? This is totally stupid, and with a brand new child, should be the least of my worries really...but come on, it's driving me crazy. And does that throw off his whole monthly birthday schedule? I plan to put the "I'm two months old today" sticker on March 30th....but where to put 1 month is a mystery. Okay...enough of my stupidity put into writing.
Colton had lots of firsts in the last 24 hour period. So did Mom. We had prepared to take Colton to visit Gram Hall last night for the first time, but at 3:30pm, Jason called and said that work asked him to work last night at Frito Lay, and he'd have to leave for work at 10:30, which presents our first "first". My initial thought was to feel bad for Jason for having to work so much in a 48 hour period...my second thought was that I've not spent the night alone in this house, nor have I spent the night alone with a brand new baby. I told Jason that since he wouldn't be getting much more than a catnap before working all night, that we didn't have to go see Gram, but he insisted. We rushed around, so that we could get down there as soon as she was out of dinner, so that he could get home and sleep a little before working all night. In rushing down, we were there about an hour early, and decided to eat supper, out...another first for Colton. We opted for Arni's, until we gave ourselves enough time to think about it. What if he started screaming while we were waiting on our food? What if he was fussy, and we needed to leave? We "what if'ed" enough to talk ourselves into eating "in" at Burger King nearby so that should we need to bolt...we could more easily. To our suprise, the kid slept like a rock all through dinner. Let me just say...a Junior would have really hit the spot....more than a tendergrill chicken sandwich. And I'm pretty confident, it would have been a lot cleaner atmosphere.
Finally, about 6pm we headed over to see Grandma. Mom and Dad were going to meet us there, but we beat them to the punch. Jason let me in the back door, and we snuck into Gram's room before she came back from dinner. As he was entering through the front door, to prop the back door by her room for me, she caught site of him and told him to take her back to her room. He said he was going to go let me in, then he'd be back for her...to finish her dinner! She responded "okay, but don't take long, i'll eat fast!" We got Colton all settled in her room, and out of his carseat, and when Jason went back to get Gram, he met Mom and Dad. She was so suprised to see Colton there in her room. I honestly don't think she stopped grinning the entire time. She wasn't hardly into the room, and had her arms out...and said "Give me that baby, I just want to love him!" -- I bet she held him for a solid 45 minutes (despite numerous "are you sure he's not too heavy?" from both me and Dad!). She would smack my hands away when I tried to wake him up in her arms. She just kissed him and held him, and grinned...as you will see in the pictures!! The look on her face lets me know we made her day....and she made ours. I'm so happy that she was able to meet Colton! That really means alot to both of us -- considering Gram Hall plays a strong role in Jason and I's family histories! I think the comment that I loved the most, that she made at least twice last night -- was that Jason needed to get a second job so that I don't have to go back to work. I should stay home and take care of that precious baby she'd say! Adorable...Jason just grinned!! Here are a few pictures of Gram with Colton!
I'm so glad we got Colton to see Grandma...it's been awhile since I've seen a grin like that on her face! :) Once we got home, and Jason catnapped....Colton decided he'd finally like to wake up. He'd slept for a good long nap in the afternoon, and then again while we were out last night. So, I thought, since he's wide awake, I'll play photographer...do you think I pushed my luck?
Yeah....this was about the time I finally gave him his last bottled, and we rocked to sleep...while Dad got up and got ready for work!
Last picture...I swear, then I'm gonna go try to take advantage of some shut eye time...instead of playing around on here. Aunt Dee got Colton this cute little denim bib overall romper thing...that's 12 months in size, and it came with this hat...Jason said that he'd look silly in it, but of course, Mom thinks it's adorable. Check this out...it's obviously way too big right now, but how stinking cute? Someday, my baby boy will hate on me for taking all these pictures of him! HA Have a great weekend!
Comments
Post a Comment