Skip to main content

We're home!

 Well, we made it home. I have to keep this short...after sorting through my email first thing, and balancing the checkbook, I think I'm pushing feeding time. So goes life when the baby is in charge, not you.
 What an amazing thing to have a baby in our lives. Jason and I both just sit in awe each evening at how precious Colton is...even when he's balling his eyes out, we find something cute or adorable to make over. We really can't complain, this kid has the disposition of the most calm/collected person you'd meet. Which makes both of us think perhaps we brought the wrong baby home from the hospital!   We are thrilled to have him home.
Mom was right...labor and delivery was easy. Well, not easy, but easy in the way that I really can't complain. About 5:30 on Tuesday evening (a week ago today actually...that went fast!) I started feeling pains, but of course, wasn't sure if they were real or if I was just hoping any slight change in pace would be labor pains. We timed and waited and I suffered through them as they got harder and closer together. Finally, about 8, we called the doctor and he said to wait until they were 5 minutes apart for an hour before we left for the hospital. Well, what I've yet to mention is that at 5:30pm when I got home, it was 55degrees, and gorgeous out. By 6:30 is was sleeting and rain, and by 10pm when we finally took off for the hospital, it was 17 degrees, and snowing like crazy. Yes, welcome to Indiana. Anyway, by 10pm, they were 7-9 minutes apart, but the weather was looking bad enough, we decided to just go.  On the way to the hospital, they were timing about every 3 minutes, and they hurt! I got checked in, given some pain killer, and by midnight I had my epidural...what a lifesaver. Seriously, I'm not sure there are many women out there who seriously consider going without one of these, but trust me...it's so worth it. They are strong, strong women if they can endure all that without drugs!! We slept off and on until about 4am, and that's when the nurse said..."okay, let's get this baby out of there"....so we pushed for an hour, and by 5:15am, Colton Robert arrived. What an amazing experience. I'm not gonna lie, it still hurt a little bit, but I could not even imagine doing it sans the epidural!! We are both very blessed to have Colton in our lives and are thankful to everyone who said their prayers and has been keeping a watch out for our big day. We are blessed with great friends and family, and know that Colton will come to appreciate each of you just as much as we do!!
Now the good stuff...it's amazing how much the little man has changed in just a few days!!
One last prego pic...this was on my due date.
Colton's First Days 032
Proud Papa...still in the hospital, day 2.
Colton's First Days 083
Posed....I think Mom took these, she and I have the exact same camera, I bet she did this when I was in the shower...looks like she got the wrong camera!
Colton's First Days 140
Bathtime...not a favorite. It's pretty chilly in our bathroom, so I don't think he likes that!
Colton's First Days 151
Until next time...and who knows when that will be, since we don't have internet at home. I have to make special trips to Grandma & Grandpa's for access...until then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...