Tuesday, 12 February 2008
Well, Colton will be two weeks old tomorrow, and we can hardly believe it. We are leaving him home alone for the first time tonight, with Grandma Mandy. She can't wait...I think she's bragged to all her friends like a 12 year old about getting to babysit! In fact, Dad called today asking if Colton was ready to be spoiled by Grandma tonight! They are so cute. It's amazing to me how in love you can be with something so small and innocent. He is such a great baby. I swear, he's' growing right in front of my eyes. I'm not suprised. The kid likes to eat...all day long it seems like, but I know it's healthy for him, and I enjoy that time we have together. And, typically, he only cries when he's hungry...so that's a pretty good routine we've got going. He starts to fuss, I do the finger test to see if he's hungry, and sure enough, next thing you know, we're eating. What I really love, is how great his appetite is for my waistline. I have dropped more than half the weight I gained while carrying him in only 2 weeks...I've never seen the scales dip so low so fast before. Seriously, best diet ever. The best part...I can still eat like I did when I was pregnant, and still lose weight. It's unbelieveable!! If you're in the market for weightloss...might I suggest nursing a newborn? :)Jason's back to work, which I guess isn't new, because he went back the day after Colton was born, but we're into a routine now...Jason works all day, then comes home and helps me baby sit while I get dinner around and the house semi-picked up. We've got a pretty good system. God Bless him, he even sleeps all through the nighttime feedings! HA :) Murphy however stays up to keep me company.
I was reading my friend Jenny's blog...she just had a little girl back in early January. Anyway...she mentioned how the dog & cat would no longer be their family babies after the baby arrived, they'd just be a dog and a cat. She even went on to mention how annoyed she is with the cat. I can completly understand. Don't get me wrong...I love Murphy. He's a great dog. But holy cow is that poor guy seeking attention, and I just can't give him and Colton together the attention they need. He is tearing things up and having more accidents, just to get attention. But...I can say this, he's extremely protective and good to Colton, which is great. I don't have to worry about him when I'm not in the room...because he typically follows me, and leaves Colton alone. He loves to sniff him out and check him out, but he's just getting ot know him. Colton even kind of reaches out to Murphy sometimes too....I think they'll be pals before too long.
A few pictures...then we're back home before it's time to feed again. Hope all is well with everyone. Wish us luck with leaving him with Grandma tonight...I'm sure he'll have a ball.
Joe and Kathy Ruemler came to visit...Joe always wanted a boy. I think this is why!
Me and Colton in his rocker....just chilled out in the evenings...

Daddy and Colton relaxing on the couch!
Murphy sniffing out Colton after a bath....
Comments
Post a Comment