Well...we joined the real world and finally got internet at home.
It's actually pretty fast, but the computer...not so fast. Oh well,
beggers can't be choosers! I'm happy to just be reconnected to the
outside world again, without having to make a special trip to check
emails and such. Plus, since we run on Colton time now, it's nice to be
able to jump on here when I have a minute, not try to rush through
things in the limited time I have at Grandparents while he's not fussy!
:)
Things are going really well. Overall, Colton is a very good natured baby. He's happy most of the time, although, we have had our challenging days. I think those days are harder on me because I've been spoiled by him being good, so when he's fussy, I almost freakout like he's not allowed to be fussy! I still can't say that fussy days are bad days with him....because they are few and far between. He's even been a pretty good sleeper from the beginning...at least 3 hour stretches and last night we got a 4 and a 3 hour stretch. Hopefully full nights are coming sooner and sooner! :) We're looking forward to that day. As we speak, I'm pulling a total mom move....I've got Colton, with a freshly full belly, in his bouncy seat, with my right leg kicked out to the side, bouncing him to keep him happy, and it's working, because he's dozing off. It's funny how it's a feat to actually have two hands free to type an email or update this blog.
I do have several more pictures, but can't share them yet -- since this computer is so old, I'm not sure how to get my pictures from my camera to the computer...no usb port. We'll work on that. I think we're trying to figure out how to budget in a computer....we'll need it for pictures, emails, web and so much more. And, as he grows older, I'm sure we'll find many more uses for it.
I've had the best time in pregnancy, I really can't complain. I think what's made it more bearable is sharing stories and fat jokes with girlfriends who are pregnant. My friend Jenny delivered Nora two weeks before Colton, and now I have three friends who are due (two of them in early march, the other in early april). I'm anxious to meet their babies. Then, Jason's cousin Karlie is due in July, and another friend Amanda in August. Colton will have more playmates than we will know what to do with. As of right now, we are contemplating taking him on our annual camping weekend Memorial Day. He'll be about 4-5 months old by then....so we'll see where we are at. I'm sure if we decided to go, and he couldn't keep up, that we could split the weekend between the grandparents and have plenty of baby sitters to go around! They never seem to complain when we need them to pinch hit for us.
Well, better get on to other things before the booger decides to wake up. I swear, he sleeps for a half hour, eats for a half hour, and thats the constant rotation we're on. We're starting to create habits...which is nice...but know that for the rest of our lives, we are no longer in charge...at least, not here in the beginning!
Have a great day!
Things are going really well. Overall, Colton is a very good natured baby. He's happy most of the time, although, we have had our challenging days. I think those days are harder on me because I've been spoiled by him being good, so when he's fussy, I almost freakout like he's not allowed to be fussy! I still can't say that fussy days are bad days with him....because they are few and far between. He's even been a pretty good sleeper from the beginning...at least 3 hour stretches and last night we got a 4 and a 3 hour stretch. Hopefully full nights are coming sooner and sooner! :) We're looking forward to that day. As we speak, I'm pulling a total mom move....I've got Colton, with a freshly full belly, in his bouncy seat, with my right leg kicked out to the side, bouncing him to keep him happy, and it's working, because he's dozing off. It's funny how it's a feat to actually have two hands free to type an email or update this blog.
I do have several more pictures, but can't share them yet -- since this computer is so old, I'm not sure how to get my pictures from my camera to the computer...no usb port. We'll work on that. I think we're trying to figure out how to budget in a computer....we'll need it for pictures, emails, web and so much more. And, as he grows older, I'm sure we'll find many more uses for it.
I've had the best time in pregnancy, I really can't complain. I think what's made it more bearable is sharing stories and fat jokes with girlfriends who are pregnant. My friend Jenny delivered Nora two weeks before Colton, and now I have three friends who are due (two of them in early march, the other in early april). I'm anxious to meet their babies. Then, Jason's cousin Karlie is due in July, and another friend Amanda in August. Colton will have more playmates than we will know what to do with. As of right now, we are contemplating taking him on our annual camping weekend Memorial Day. He'll be about 4-5 months old by then....so we'll see where we are at. I'm sure if we decided to go, and he couldn't keep up, that we could split the weekend between the grandparents and have plenty of baby sitters to go around! They never seem to complain when we need them to pinch hit for us.
Well, better get on to other things before the booger decides to wake up. I swear, he sleeps for a half hour, eats for a half hour, and thats the constant rotation we're on. We're starting to create habits...which is nice...but know that for the rest of our lives, we are no longer in charge...at least, not here in the beginning!
Have a great day!
Comments
Post a Comment