I can't believe it's the weekend already. That means that I now officially only have 2 weeks of maternity leave left. And to top it off, I checked my work email yesterday to find out that I have a site visit with a new client of mine from 10am-1pm on my first day back. That's nice...so when I come in looking like a member of KISS, because I've cried myself to work having dropped my baby at the sitters for the first time, I can make a lasting first impression. I mean seriously, can I not come in for a DAY and catch my breath? Ridiculous.
It's a big weekend for us. Colton gets baptized on Sunday. I'm excited, as he'll be wearing the same outfit my dad wore when he was batized nearly 50 years ago! Trent & Matt wore it too, so it's pretty cool. Trent will be Colton's Godfather, and I think he's pretty excited. We're doing the baptism up in Remington, so there will be a lot of running around, as we're having everyone back out here for lunch afterwards...but that's okay. It means alot to Jason and I have to have Father Fox baptize him, and being between churches, this just made sense. I'll be sure to post pictures of the cute little devil on Monday.
Things have been going really well. We're getting all kinds of smiles now, which is so great. He's a strong baby too. Last night, we were at Grandpa & Grandma Stockments (that seems to be the ritual lately...Friday nights up there! HA), anyway...I had him sitting up on the bar, with his feet dangling over my legs, and the little turd kept pushing his legs out and pushing himself into a standing position. It was crazy! Most babies legs are like limp limbs for quite a while. Not our kid. He's got things to do, things to see. Wonder where he gets that. He'll be just like his parents, can't sit still for too long.
We got out and about alot this week. Tuesday I had to take Murph for a trim, so we went to Wolcott in the downtime and had lunch uptown with Uncle Matt & Grandpa Hall. Have I mentioned that Grandpa Hall is completely had for this baby? He LOVES to hold him, and show him off. He was starting to get fussy during lunch at the good ole' Country Inn, and Dad held him and got him to quiet down. He just loves him to pieces...it's adorable. Matt did pretty good, but says that until he can walk/talk, he's not real interested! HA Yesterday we went out and about in Lafayette, picking up pictures, and then some groceries after lunch with Stacy & Natalie. It was a great day to be out running errands! Here's proof...
Today, he's going to Grandma Stockments so Mom can actually deep clean the house. Dad is going to work outside some, then help out where he can in the house. He's at work this morning. The weather has been just awesome lately...upper 50's, and we love that. We can't wait to get Colton outside enjoying the weather!!!
A few pictures to make you smile this weekend! Have a great one!
Here he's resting before a long day of shopping last Saturday with Mom & I.
Here's a smile...
This was almost a giggle...but definetly something happy...
Comments
Post a Comment