Skip to main content

Whirlwind Weekend!

What a great weekend! First of all, the weather was amazing...I'm officially ready for the snow to go away, and the warmer spring air to make it's official arrival, and stay. I have a feeling though, there's more snow to come before we get to keep the warmer weather!
Friday night, we went up to Grandpa & Grandma Stockment's for a visit - we got carryout fish dinners from the Church Fish Fry and had a nice visit, and meal. The fish was great. Saturday Jason vowed to give us the whole weekend...I made him promise to not talk about hunting, but of course that lasted until maybe 9:30am on Saturday! HA We worked around the house cleaning up, then loaded up Colton and headed  to Lafayette to run a few errands. We decided to get some 1 month pictures taken at Penney's. Although it took all afternoon, Colton did great, and we got some neat shots! I was happy with the way they turned out. Jason was disappointed, because he said his eyes are closed in all of them...but I had to remind him he's an infant, and he sleeps alot. We should be thankful that he wasn't screaming through the whole shoot. Saturday night, Blair & Mario and Randy & Karen came for a visit. We had a great time catching up...it'd been way to long since we'd seen them! Colton was kind of cranky, I think we'd wore him out during the day, but once we finally got him down for bed, we had a nice visit!
Sunday, we went to church. This always tends to make Jason nervous -- he doesn't want him screaming in mass. I understand, but on the other hand...he's a baby, they cry...it's normal. He did real well, and when he got fussy, we got him his bottle, and that hit the spot. Our only flaw, and it turned out to be a pretty funny one, was that he completely filled his pants late in the service. Now, when Colton fills his pants, it's not a dainty little poop...it sounds like an exploding fart, that you're not sure how it stays contained in his diaper. We both had to just smile, and try to keep ourselves from laughing. The funny part...we were sitting with Stacy, and she happened to be holding him during the blowout. I think people 3 pews either way heard it, but luckily, they thought it was cute. After church, we headed to Indy to get a few last registry items picked up from Babies'R'Us, then to John and Jessica's for a visit. Jessica had gotten Colton and Meredith matching pj's...and we wanted to do a photoshoot with them. The pictures below are what we came up with, and if you'll note, the progression of "pissed-offedness" that Colton gets when Meredith, the playful/funloving cousin, goes one step too far! She means well...afterall, she's 8 months, and he's 1 month -- she was just checking him out. This is the series in which they occured too...
DSC00481 DSC00489 DSC00492 DSC00493 DSC00494 DSC00495 DSC00496 DSC00497 DSC00498
I think the best picture out of all of these...is the last one -- Meredith totally has that "WHATEVER KID...you are no fun!" look on her face! More captions to come later..Jason had some great ones.
Well...lunch calls, so I better get things around while he's content!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

Central Indiana Winter Spectacular

 We kicked off show season with this set of calves in mid-January at the Central Indiana Winter Spectacular, a first time show down in Cloverdale, Indiana. I'm not sure what was more fun - being with our kids and friends at a cattle show, or listening to our kids meddle over the thought of staying in a Motel 6.  (Backstory on this one -- when I worked at Purdue/in the Conference division, I held a few conference at The Hyatt in downtown Indianapolis. When I had events there, I'd earn points. We then would use those points for free night stays....I think I had maybe 15 or so over the years. So, the only hotel my kids know, is a Hyatt, because unbeknownst to them, it was FREE.....which is the ONLY reason we stayed in such a nice place with young kids. So, imagine their dismay when the Motel 6 in Cloverdale didn't have an Eagles Nest rotating up top, or an indoor pool and hot tub/workout area. We have officially raised hotel snobs.....because when we finally took them to the k...