Well, we survived. Sort of. Colton did great this weekend...Mom & Dad...we're both wiped out! HA :) After spending Saturday afternoon getting our house into tip-top shape (and Jason realize just how MUCH house there is to clean now...), we picked Colton up from Grandmas and headed to Lafayette to get a few last minute party items, and to get Jason a shirt that fit. I swear, everytime I think I know his dress shirt size, I always buy the wrong one! We got home about 9ish, and by the time we got home, Colton decided he'd like to be up for awhile. Finally, about 10:30, Jason sent me to bed, and said he'd put him down. I finally had the chance to get some sleep...early. Except, knowing that I was hosting a houseful the next day, my mind was racing, and I didn't fall asleep until after he put Colton down and had passed out himself, probably sometime between 11:30 and 12! UGH! I was up at 5:30 on Sunday to get myself around, and then help the boys get around to be to church in Remington about 8. It was non-stop from there. Church, then to McDonalds for breakfast, left Colton with Grandma Hall while we raced back to Brookston to make food and finish tidy-ing up the house. Back to Mom and Dad's by 12:00ish to get Colton ready for his 1pm Baptism. Back to Brookston by 2:15ish, got food around and fed close to 15 people and hung out all afternoon. We even had time to do our annual NCAA drawing before my family left! Just as we were getting ready to crash, Adam & Krystal called...they were with Bruce and thought they'd stop and see "Jason's Mini-Me"...and that's the truth. No DNA testing needed here....he has to be Jason's baby! Finally, about 9ish, we were ready for bed. (We were probably ready at like 2pm....but we managed to stay around until 9...you know, to at least let it get dark!). But, of course, even though Colton didn't hardly take a nap all day...he didn't want to sleep last night either. Finally, about 11ish, I got him down. I swear, this kid is confused...sleeping is okay. It's not a bad thing!!! (Especially where Mom is involved....I'm seriously sleep deprived these days!). Anyway...after a whirlwind weekend, we survived. And it was great. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend!
Details on Colton's Baptism. It was a private ceremony, with just our two families and both Grandma's. I can't wait to share pictures with Grandma Hall. Trent stood up as his Godfather and held Colton through the whole ceremony. We had Colton in an outfit that my dad wore when he was baptized, and both of my brothers wore it as well. He wore the sweater that Jason wore home from the hospital on the way to the ceremony. It was pretty cool to think our little boy was in clothes worn by his Dad, Grandpa & Uncles! Other than grunting and completely filling his pants through the entire Baptism, he did great. At one point he was pretty fussy, and I encouraged Trent to kind of pat his butt, he seems to like that...Trent's response "Why, he's not going to feel anything but poop being mashed around in his diaper!". It was pretty funny...after we were all done, we changed his diaper, and he was a trooper. He didn't even cry when they put the holy water over his head...that was actually the one time he stopped fussing! Go figure! Anyway...everything went perfectly, and we were thrilled to have Trent stand up as his Godfather. Trent's pretty proud too, which is awfully cool. Last night, when we were doing the NCAA draw...Trent had to draw for Colton, said it was good luck!
Here are a few pictures...then I better go tend to the baby...he's getting border line mad at me! :)
Our family, after getting Colton dressed in his baptismal outfit...
The outfit, worn by Dad, Trent & Matt
Jason's sweater...adorable!
And baptism...
Father Fox was great...we were blessed to have him!
Comments
Post a Comment