Skip to main content

Colton's First Easter

Colton's first Easter went off without a hitch. He was even in a good mood for the better half of the day. I swear though, this kid knows when we can sleep in, and when we can't. Friday night...he went down at probably 9:30, and slept until 3am, fed, and was back to sleep until 8am. Saturday night, I swear he knew I had to be up early to get everyone around on Sunday...so he didn't go down until 10:45ish, slept til 1:45, was up until 3am, and then back to sleep until 6:30...except I had to be up at 5:30. The kid knows how to mess with my sleep...I'm convinced!
So, I got up, got myself ready, got Jason up just as Colton decided he'd finally wake up. I got Colton a bath, and we had our bags packed and were ready for Church by 7:15...off to church at 8am. Colton fell back asleep at 7:30, and didn't wake up at all until 10:30. He slept all through church, through the end of mass when my Dad (who would much rather have Colton awake than sleeping...) decided he'd try to pinch his cheeks and get rough with him to wake him up. He finally woke up once we got back to Mom and Dad's, ate, played for awhile, and zonked back out at 12...and slept hard until 2pm. I was thinking that maybe he'd never wake up all day. But, suprisingly, this is okay with me, because I'm learning, babies work the opposite of all other humans. If you were to keep me up for hours on end, I'd fall right to sleep at night, and sleep hard until I had to be up again. Babies...if you keep them up all day...they stay up all night. You let them nap alot through the day...they sleep like charms at night. Never knew! (Which is why I'm totally enjoying this time right now, as Colton naps in the swing...hoping it lasts for awhile, so tonight he sleeps well!). Colton took another big nap about 4-6:30...and was down by 9:30 again last night, and slept until 2:30, ate and slept again until 7:30. I'm telling you...naps work.
As for Colton's first Easter...which is the whole reason I started this post (not to blabber on about my child's sleeping habits...), we went to Church with Grandpa & Grandma Hall, and Uncle Trent & Matt. We stopped at McDonald's for a quick breakfast and visit and Barb & Ed got to spend some time with Colton. Mom watched him while Jason and I washed the car in Dad's new shop before we headed to the Hancock side later in the afternoon. I don't think my poor car had been swept out/armor-all'd since before we left the house in town. That was in September. I know, I know...I've slacked. Seriously, you try to get up the nerve to sweep and clean out the inside of your car with a bunch of extra weight and a huge belly. You'll see...the motivation just isn't there. But, the car looks awesome. Even though our lane is a muddy mess, and it probably won't last very long...it looks great. We went to Aunt Wendy & Uncle Barry's for the Hanock side. It was fun, because all the kids were home (minus Tim) and all of Grandma's Great-Grandkids were there. You'll see pictures below. There are three babies under 8months, and several 3-8 year olds! After lunch, and calming Colton back down...we decided to go try to catch some of the Hall's...not knowing when we'd see them again, and some haven't even met Colton yet. Their party was wrapping up when we got there, but Aunt Kris, Aunt Nina and Aunt Dee got to see Colton, and Jason and I scored some sweet leftovers. I'm sorry, but a holiday just isn't a holiday with out Grandma Hall Chicken and Noodles...and it doesn't matter who on the Hall side makes them...they are good. We got two containers to bring home. We are totally spoiled...along with some Nina rolls. That was enough to make up for them telling us to come down because they wanted to see the baby (not us...just the baby!). We finally got back home about 6, and Jason messed around outside while Colton and cleaned up adn chilled out inside. We even did a "Colton's First Easter" photo shoot. It was a great day.
Over all...we had a lot to be thankful for this Easter. And, I'd like to say...several others have lots to be thankful for this year. Jason and I had Colton in January, and a classmate of mine from HS had her baby back two weeks before Colton.  Rajean, one of my fellow state officers just had her first a week or so ago, and we got suprise news this morning that the Robert's had their baby girl...a full 2 1/2 weeks early. (Lindsay actually just took a job in our office, and we were looking forward to sharing an office for a couple of weeks before she went on maternity leave...but guess now we'll have to wait until later in the summer to actually start working together! HA)...and finally we are waiting anxiously to hear when the Cox's have their first baby...probably sometime today as she's being induced after holding out for almost 3 weeks past her due date! (What a champ!)  After that, we've got 5 other friends that are having babies anywhere from early this summer to early fall. And I'm sure more will pop up...it's like everyone decided to get pregnant at the same time. At least we know Colton will have lots of little playmates!
Well, enjoy Easter photos...I better change over the laundry and get a few more things done before the bug decides to wake up. He's playing with waking up as we speak...or as I type! :) This is how excited Colton was to receive his Easter basket from Grandma & Grandpa Hall. He put his hand in it, and then passed back out. (This is when we were trying to wake him up!)
DSC00690
 Here is the picutre with the three youngest Hancock Kids...Colton, Brooklyn & Lizzy. The girls are about 1 month apart...and then there is Colton. He's got that.."this really sucks Mom..." look on his face...DSC00694                                                                  And now all the great-grandkids. Jacob, holding Colton, was our ringbearer in the wedding. See how hard it is to get all the kids to smile and pay attention? Or could it have been that we looked like papparazzi trying to snap pictures all at once!                                           DSC00699                                                                Colton was wore out!!                                      DSC00702                                                                  But, later in the evening, he woke up so I could do my Colton's First Easter photo shoot -- I love our big furniture, it's great for propping up a baby!   With Jason's famous crooked smile.             DSC00704                                                               Again with that "Are you about finished taking my pictures, you crazy lady? I've seriously got better things to do!" (PS, my brother thought this outfit was gay, because it said H is for Hopping...he has no idea about kids!   DSC00710                                                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...