Skip to main content

Milestones

Colton is growing and changing more and more each day. It's amazing to watch him. 2 1/2 months ago, he was this tiny little creature, who just looked at us like "Who the heck are you, and what's going on here?"  Now, he lights up with big grins when he sees familiar faces, he knows Mom & Dad's voices, and he loves to play with his bouncy seat & kick n crawl toys. We were lucky, as Jason and I were both very skeptical about little babies and how fragile their necks are -- Colton has been very strong from the get go, holding his head up and looking all over the place. I suppose that's the "nosy, I don't want to miss anything" gene, that he gets straight from his mother! :)  One of the big things when I came back to work was the fear that Colton would start reaching milestones at the babysitters, and I would miss his first steps, first words, etc. On Saturday, Jason and I got a HUGE surprise.

We were folding laundry, messing around, when I took Colton and put him on the carpet for some tummy time.  I usually work with him to prop himself up on his arms, to help him be able to look around better. Before we knew it, he was halfway rolled over, and then completely on his back! Now, it might have been a fluke...but when we tried to set him up again, he rolled over again. Not only was I totally thrilled that my baby was rolling over like a big boy (and yet, in total "don't grow up so fast" shock!), I was completely, utterly thrilled to have been there to see it happen!  He showed off again Saturday evening for Grandma & Grandpa Hall, but refused to roll on Sunday at Grandma & Grandpa Stockments.  His biggest obstacle is keeping those little arms underneath him, instead of putting them out to the side like he's belly surfing! When he wouldn't do it at all on Sunday, I began to think that maybe it really was just a fluke...after all, he's awfully young to be rolling over. But, when we tried again last night...he did it again. And this time...Mom caught him in action.

It was awesome. It's so fun to watch them grow and learn. Babies really are the best miracle.

We had another fun weekend spending time with both sets of grandparents, shopping and visiting Great Grandma Hall. Colton even got to meet Uncle Marc for the first time -- I'll have to post pictures of that when Mom shares them. And, we had a play date with Meredith too. See the pictures below. This week is pretty busy. Uncle Trent was down last night to play with Colton and tomorrow night we'll go meet Reagan Roberts, Lindsay & Charlie's new little girl. I'm sure by the time the weekend rolls around, we'll have another jam packed couple of days. We're getting anxious to get out and start enjoying this weather!!

Well...that's all I had to say today. I'm just still on cloud nine with this baby, and really don't think that the feeling will ever go away, and that's okay with me. He's a blessing to us, and we love every minute with him! Enjoy!

Colton playing with his kick'n'crawl.

Smiles for Mom!

Playing with Meredith...checking each other out!

Holding hands... do you notice how they look the same size -- he's 2 1/2 months, she's 9 1/2months!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...