We had a complete whirlwind weekend...and I mean a, "whew...glad we survived" kind of weekend -- Friday night we cleaned house, sort of, and then Saturday we were up early so that I could finish up cleaning and Jason could go help Seth pull out a fence row. Colton was great...he totally cooperated long enough for me to get the house clean. The little turkey wouldn't nap, but he was content. In fact, I think he actually enjoyed hearing me run the sweeper...he was kind of mystified by it all.
About 1pm on Saturday, several of the Robinson's came for a visit -- and I'm not talking immediate family. We're talking about the Robinson's that grew up with my Grandma and her sisters. Ann, JoAnn, June and Kean, and several of their own family members were in Brookston for a day, and wanted to see Colton. Truthfully, I think they wanted to see the house and the farm, but I think they got a kick out of Colton too! :) There were probably 25 people who showed up about 1pm, and were out of there by 2pm...it was nuts! Fastest party I've ever thrown! Then down to Lafayette to see Kayla's wedding gowns & bridesmaid dresses (I have about 2 months to drop this baby weight to order the dress size I'd like to!
),
then to Target and back home for the evening. Sunday I had to run to
Wal-Mart because the formula that I swear I picked up at Target, never
made it home...so we had to go buy something to feed the baby with!!
Back home to pick up Jason and head to Brad & Jacki's for the
Robinson Family Easter. We left there in time to make it to church at
5pm at St. Lawerence, then to Brent & Natasha Cox's to meet their
new baby Brody. When we finally got home on Sunday night...we all three
crashed...and crashed hard! It was a great weekend...too nice to be
stuck inside, that's for sure!I had a eye opening moment though...between holding baby Brody (born March 25th, 9lb6oz) and then meeting Charlie & Lindsay's baby Reagan (6lb5oz, born March 23) -- I realized that Colton is a HUGE baby. Yes, he's got his fair share of baby fat, but he's long too. He's just an all out big baby. Brody reminded me alot of Colton as a newborn, but I'm telling ya, Reagan made me nervous she was so little and tiny...just as sweet as can be!! Maybe it was different too, because she's a girl! Regardless, they are both precious, and will be good friends to Colton I'm sure! Who knows...maybe even a girlfriend!
Last night we went for our first walk. Becky had called and was meeting Abby in town, so we all three met at Steel Magnolias, and took Colton for a walk around Brookston! It was great. He slept for the majority of the time...you know, until we could get as far away from the car as possible, before he broke out the tears. He calmed back down and I think he really enjoys being outside. And Mom enjoys being able to (I just tried typing the word exercize and guess what...for the life of me, I can't figure out how to spell that word. I never have been able to spell it....so I just enjoy being able to get out and move, and burn at least a few calories!!!!!) JEEZ! Before we knew it, we'd walked half of Brookston in about a half and hour. All in all, we took a nice 45 minute walk and probably trekked some good miles! Once we got home, we went out to visit Jason, who was chopping brush and cleaning up the pasture. It was a great day...soo nice out. I was glad we could get out and enjoy it.
Finally -- here are a few pictures. Some I took yesterday morning, because Colton looked so stinking cute in the bib overalls I had him in. The others, are simply because I've not taken pictures in awhile. It's harder when I am back to work...ugh! We turn 10 weeks tomorrow...hard to believe!!! He's growing like crazy, and doing so great. He's really developing a personality and learning all the time-- he's so much more interested in things.
Colton was all dressed up for Easter with the Robinson's, but passed out on the way to Wal-Mart, it was too cute to not snap a picture...

I took these yesterday morning -- he looked so cute, and he couldn't hold himself up, and slid over to the side of the couch -- but his face was too cute!

So, he wouldn't exactly smile for me...but he was content...

This one is from a few nights ago, he was all smiles!

And now for our trip out to see Dad...love the coat with the ears!! It's WAY too big, but it's his only coat, and it works...we just improvise!

Notice the pouty lip he's got going for Dad...this was near dinnertime for Colton!! HA
One last thing -- and this is totally, completely random. Completely. I've noticed this before, but hadn't really given it much thought. Then, while I was dealing with a fussy baby during dinner...Jason noticed it too. In our kitchen, we have this half table thing attached to the wall. It's kind of awkward, and I'm not a huge fan of it, but in the same...it's extra work space, so it'll probably stay. It once had 4 chairs around it, until Jas decided there are only two of us, so why keep all of them. After noticing this...we might have to consider getting new chairs, because they quite frankly, freak us out. Check this out. Do you notice anything creepy & weird about the design on this chair? I mean seriously, did circus freaks do the engrave work on the backs of these chairs or what?? Of course, now everytime I'm in the kitchen...I notice how weird they are, and have to look away...

The End. Get out there and enjoy this beautiful weather!!!
Comments
Post a Comment