Friday, 01 October 2010
Do you ever feel like all you do is apologize for not keeping your
blog up enough? I do. I feel like I'm not making time for my blog
anymore, and I should. So hopefully, at least once a week, I can check
in here, and keep track of what's been going on. Especially since I know
I've got a few followers out there -- I know that I follow a few blogs,
and it's nice to feel the love in return! :) And, what's more --
there's so much I could blog on a daily basis. Things that I'll forget
if I don't just write them down.
For example, the things Colton says, simply amaze me. Take this morning for example. I can't remember how in the blur of getting out the door this morning we even got onto the topic of Santa Claus, but Colton informed me that he did not want Santa to come to his house, because he did not like him. I'm fairly certain this is because earlier in the year at a football game, Seth's Uncle from Colorado, who's got a long beard, and long hair, came up to us, and basically scared the beejeezus out of my child. Now, anytime he sees someone that looks like that (long beard, long hair), he informs me that he does not like them. From there, we went on to talk about deer, including the buck we about hit leaving the drive way, and then on to strangers and how some strangers are nice, and some are weird. Yes, he thinks strangers are weird. He informed me that we just shouldn't sit next to the weird strangers at restaurants, just the nice ones.
I'm amazed daily at how much the kids change. Colton is 2 1/2, going to be three at the end of January. TWO AND A HALF. These should be the days of terror and turmoil and quite honestly, as I sit here and jinx myself, they really are just not that bad at all. He's so stinking independent, and I couldn't be more proud of him. This morning he got himself dressed, climbed up on the vanity and brushed his own teeth, washed his hands, put on deodorant (he insists) as well as man spray (dad's cologne), his socks and shoes to a point where they needed to be tied, and announced he was ready to go to Pam's. What 2 1/2 year old seriously can care for themselves like that. Granted, I go back and double check his teeth, and have to help here or there (if we get an arm stuck or can't get a sock over our big toes), but he seriously does it himself. After bath, he'll run his little naked behind all the way upstairs by himself, get into the right drawer, get undies and jammies and come back downstairs to play for a "ittle bit onger" ALL BY HIMSELF!!! All of that makes me proud, but I couldn't be more proud of him than when we set into our bedtime routine. We get in bed, read a story, then we say our prayers, and he can totally recite the Hail Mary and Our Father, nearly flawlessly. Granted, sometimes we say the "hairy mary", but that's still pretty darn good for a 2 1/2 year old. Have I bragged enough about him? Colton -- don't get a big head!! You're just my first experience with raising a kid, and God BLESS you for making it pretty easy on me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not change when you turn 16...............I do not need anymore gray hairs they I already naturally have in my gene pool! ;)
Emmalyn is growing and changing as well. When I say growing I mean, CHUNKING OUT!! Emmalyn, you might be the fattest baby I've seen in a LONG TIME!!! But, you are also the sweetest, most beautiful little girl I could possibly ask for. We get such a kick (or gag) out of the fact that her little neck gets to stinking. Between the sweat and spit up, you can produce a pretty rotten "under the chin" smell.....and today, I noticed that your pits stink too. All those fat rolls are ganging up against you! :) We'll have to work on that! She of course LOVES to be held, but is also starting to enjoy laying under her kick & crawl mat and spending time sprawled out getting to know her surroundings. She's much more of a pacifier baby than Colton ever was, but is by no means addicted...............yet.
Alls well with us....Jason and I are doing great. We're in the middle of a big house remodel project. We (and by we I mean, Jason and his wonderful brother/buddies), tore off all the old aluminum siding, reroofed the house, added a nice cement patio, and a little bit of a porch. We replaced some doors/windows....it's been a pretty huge undertaking, and unfortunately, I married a man who believes in that whole, might as well do it all at once, while we have the house tore up. He's right, but man has it been a mess. The end is in sight....the new roof looks great, the doors/windows are awesome and the siding (what's done) is really looking so much nicer than the old stuff. Overall, we've been busy, but good.
Overall -- I got to spend my 12 weeks off during some really beautiful summer months, and we got to do all kinds of great things. It was the perfect summer. We did the Columbian Park Zoo for the first time, the Indy Zoo for the first time -- and lots of afternoons in mamps & paps' pool. It was perfect!
Here's a photo recap of our summer:
Family Picture -- this was on Jason and I's 5th Anniversary!

Emmalyn's first swim...

Emmalyn's Baptism - July 11, 2010 -- Godparents - Uncle Matt & Aunt Sarah Hall
She's wearing the same gown that I wore on my baptism day, along with a special bonnet that Aunt Sarah & Uncle Matt gave her, that can become a hanky on her wedding day. Pretty special!


Emmalyn at 3 months -- love those chubby little cheeks!

Emmalyn's first taste of rice cereal...three days short of 4 months old!!

Colton after his first hunting trip with Daddy & Seth...dove hunting, Labor Day 2010

Beautiful September Sunrise

Emmalyn and Cousin Madi -- Madi is 4 months in this picture, Emmalyn nearing 2 months....yes, she's bigger! :)

Colton's first Purdue Fountain Run!

More to come...
For example, the things Colton says, simply amaze me. Take this morning for example. I can't remember how in the blur of getting out the door this morning we even got onto the topic of Santa Claus, but Colton informed me that he did not want Santa to come to his house, because he did not like him. I'm fairly certain this is because earlier in the year at a football game, Seth's Uncle from Colorado, who's got a long beard, and long hair, came up to us, and basically scared the beejeezus out of my child. Now, anytime he sees someone that looks like that (long beard, long hair), he informs me that he does not like them. From there, we went on to talk about deer, including the buck we about hit leaving the drive way, and then on to strangers and how some strangers are nice, and some are weird. Yes, he thinks strangers are weird. He informed me that we just shouldn't sit next to the weird strangers at restaurants, just the nice ones.
I'm amazed daily at how much the kids change. Colton is 2 1/2, going to be three at the end of January. TWO AND A HALF. These should be the days of terror and turmoil and quite honestly, as I sit here and jinx myself, they really are just not that bad at all. He's so stinking independent, and I couldn't be more proud of him. This morning he got himself dressed, climbed up on the vanity and brushed his own teeth, washed his hands, put on deodorant (he insists) as well as man spray (dad's cologne), his socks and shoes to a point where they needed to be tied, and announced he was ready to go to Pam's. What 2 1/2 year old seriously can care for themselves like that. Granted, I go back and double check his teeth, and have to help here or there (if we get an arm stuck or can't get a sock over our big toes), but he seriously does it himself. After bath, he'll run his little naked behind all the way upstairs by himself, get into the right drawer, get undies and jammies and come back downstairs to play for a "ittle bit onger" ALL BY HIMSELF!!! All of that makes me proud, but I couldn't be more proud of him than when we set into our bedtime routine. We get in bed, read a story, then we say our prayers, and he can totally recite the Hail Mary and Our Father, nearly flawlessly. Granted, sometimes we say the "hairy mary", but that's still pretty darn good for a 2 1/2 year old. Have I bragged enough about him? Colton -- don't get a big head!! You're just my first experience with raising a kid, and God BLESS you for making it pretty easy on me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not change when you turn 16...............I do not need anymore gray hairs they I already naturally have in my gene pool! ;)
Emmalyn is growing and changing as well. When I say growing I mean, CHUNKING OUT!! Emmalyn, you might be the fattest baby I've seen in a LONG TIME!!! But, you are also the sweetest, most beautiful little girl I could possibly ask for. We get such a kick (or gag) out of the fact that her little neck gets to stinking. Between the sweat and spit up, you can produce a pretty rotten "under the chin" smell.....and today, I noticed that your pits stink too. All those fat rolls are ganging up against you! :) We'll have to work on that! She of course LOVES to be held, but is also starting to enjoy laying under her kick & crawl mat and spending time sprawled out getting to know her surroundings. She's much more of a pacifier baby than Colton ever was, but is by no means addicted...............yet.
Alls well with us....Jason and I are doing great. We're in the middle of a big house remodel project. We (and by we I mean, Jason and his wonderful brother/buddies), tore off all the old aluminum siding, reroofed the house, added a nice cement patio, and a little bit of a porch. We replaced some doors/windows....it's been a pretty huge undertaking, and unfortunately, I married a man who believes in that whole, might as well do it all at once, while we have the house tore up. He's right, but man has it been a mess. The end is in sight....the new roof looks great, the doors/windows are awesome and the siding (what's done) is really looking so much nicer than the old stuff. Overall, we've been busy, but good.
Overall -- I got to spend my 12 weeks off during some really beautiful summer months, and we got to do all kinds of great things. It was the perfect summer. We did the Columbian Park Zoo for the first time, the Indy Zoo for the first time -- and lots of afternoons in mamps & paps' pool. It was perfect!
Here's a photo recap of our summer:
Family Picture -- this was on Jason and I's 5th Anniversary!

Emmalyn's first swim...

Emmalyn's Baptism - July 11, 2010 -- Godparents - Uncle Matt & Aunt Sarah Hall
She's wearing the same gown that I wore on my baptism day, along with a special bonnet that Aunt Sarah & Uncle Matt gave her, that can become a hanky on her wedding day. Pretty special!


Emmalyn at 3 months -- love those chubby little cheeks!

Emmalyn's first taste of rice cereal...three days short of 4 months old!!

Colton after his first hunting trip with Daddy & Seth...dove hunting, Labor Day 2010

Beautiful September Sunrise

Emmalyn and Cousin Madi -- Madi is 4 months in this picture, Emmalyn nearing 2 months....yes, she's bigger! :)

Colton's first Purdue Fountain Run!

More to come...
Comments
Post a Comment