It's National FFA Convention week...and I'm blessed that in my office, I've got two screens, and the flexibility in my job that allows me to live stream the Convention! It's funny...it was 10 years ago this past summer that I was elected into the office of State FFA President, and funny enough, my passion for that organization has not waned in the slightest in past 10 years. I always thought that once I moved on from High School and my officer year, that I would lose a bit of interest, or that I wouldn't be able to be as involved through the years as I have been. I've been lucky.
Now, ask my husband, and he tells me to "quit living your glory days"...but you know what? Once you bleed the blue & gold...you can't help it. I've gotten chills from the National Officers retiring addresses (that I've heard) and I've broke into tears a few times, from Parent Recognitions to the retirement of Dr. Larry Case, an FFA icon.
Go ahead. Dweeb. Dork. Whatever you want to call me...but I'm awfully proud of the FFA Organization, and so thankful for the impact it's had on my life.
So, with that...I'll tune in to watch the finish of the convention, and as I do every year, I'll sit here, nervously awaiting the announcement of the new officer team to see if someone from Indiana makes the roster....
Now, ask my husband, and he tells me to "quit living your glory days"...but you know what? Once you bleed the blue & gold...you can't help it. I've gotten chills from the National Officers retiring addresses (that I've heard) and I've broke into tears a few times, from Parent Recognitions to the retirement of Dr. Larry Case, an FFA icon.
Go ahead. Dweeb. Dork. Whatever you want to call me...but I'm awfully proud of the FFA Organization, and so thankful for the impact it's had on my life.
So, with that...I'll tune in to watch the finish of the convention, and as I do every year, I'll sit here, nervously awaiting the announcement of the new officer team to see if someone from Indiana makes the roster....
I cried when the officers get elected. Every. Single. Year.
ReplyDeleteI cry more for the old team hanging up their jackets than the new officers...I think its because I know how they feel passing on the torch and saying goodbye to one of the most amazing and challenging experiences of their life. And I totally watched closing ceremony on SchoolTube! ha
ReplyDelete