Have you ever been to a nursing home? Ever listened to the moaning and groaning that goes on in one of those places? I felt like I was living there Monday night.
Let me back up. Last weekend we took our annual fall camping trip with our camping friends, and it's usually a much anticipated trip. About 3am Saturday, I woke up with a shooting pain in the bottom of my rib cage. By noon Saturday, I was making frequent trips to the lovely campground public restrooms and by 3am Sunday, I was hurling in the camper. Oh yeah...good times. We packed up first thing Sunday, went home and I didn't get off the couch there (except to race to the toilet) until Tuesday evening. It was the most violent flu bug I've had in a LONG, LONG time....if not ever. It was awful. When it finally disappeared, I was almost 10lbs lighter and so thankful to get out of the house!! At the time, we'd attributed my sickness to food poisoning. IT HAD TO BE, we'd said. Especially since Jason and the kids hadn't caught it at all...
Until Sunday. On the way to church, Jason mentioned that he felt a bit queasy, but we made it through church and our "new parishioners" breakfast. We got home and he took a nice long (much overdue) nap. By Sunday evening....he was the one making frequent trips to the bathroom, and I was giggling because I kept hearing him tell me to suck it up, and I knew that I'd now get my paybacks! :) By Monday evening, you would have thought Jason was on his deathbed. I swear, he groaned and moaned, and I really, really felt like I was back at St. Anthony's visiting Gram Hall. It was ridiculous. Granted, it probably didn't help that I just laughed at him, because, well, I knew it would pass, and he'd be fine, but come on -- moaning and groaning. Seriously. Was he puking? No. Did he endure the chills/achiness on the most uncomfortable camper bed ever? NO. Did he still help tear down the camper and care for an infant & 2 1/2 year old while feeling like a big pile of dog crap? NO.
Proof my friends, that when it comes to being sick or in pain, MEN are seriously such wuss's. I love you Jason, you're usually pretty strong, but when you're sick....you're just downright pathetic! Glad you're feeling better!!!
PS. I can totally smell the nursing home now. It's not a good smell....
Let me back up. Last weekend we took our annual fall camping trip with our camping friends, and it's usually a much anticipated trip. About 3am Saturday, I woke up with a shooting pain in the bottom of my rib cage. By noon Saturday, I was making frequent trips to the lovely campground public restrooms and by 3am Sunday, I was hurling in the camper. Oh yeah...good times. We packed up first thing Sunday, went home and I didn't get off the couch there (except to race to the toilet) until Tuesday evening. It was the most violent flu bug I've had in a LONG, LONG time....if not ever. It was awful. When it finally disappeared, I was almost 10lbs lighter and so thankful to get out of the house!! At the time, we'd attributed my sickness to food poisoning. IT HAD TO BE, we'd said. Especially since Jason and the kids hadn't caught it at all...
Until Sunday. On the way to church, Jason mentioned that he felt a bit queasy, but we made it through church and our "new parishioners" breakfast. We got home and he took a nice long (much overdue) nap. By Sunday evening....he was the one making frequent trips to the bathroom, and I was giggling because I kept hearing him tell me to suck it up, and I knew that I'd now get my paybacks! :) By Monday evening, you would have thought Jason was on his deathbed. I swear, he groaned and moaned, and I really, really felt like I was back at St. Anthony's visiting Gram Hall. It was ridiculous. Granted, it probably didn't help that I just laughed at him, because, well, I knew it would pass, and he'd be fine, but come on -- moaning and groaning. Seriously. Was he puking? No. Did he endure the chills/achiness on the most uncomfortable camper bed ever? NO. Did he still help tear down the camper and care for an infant & 2 1/2 year old while feeling like a big pile of dog crap? NO.
Proof my friends, that when it comes to being sick or in pain, MEN are seriously such wuss's. I love you Jason, you're usually pretty strong, but when you're sick....you're just downright pathetic! Glad you're feeling better!!!
PS. I can totally smell the nursing home now. It's not a good smell....
When Travis is sick he says, "Just leave me alone." He is a terrible patient, too. MEN! Argh!
ReplyDelete