Skip to main content

Capturing a Moment...

This blog post won't be much, but mostly a chance for this very forgetful 7 1/2 months pregnant mother of two to document a moment in time. A small conversation on the way to a ball game that touched me and brought tears to my eyes.

This past weekend, we camped in our yard...our new memorial day tradition. It was a great weekend and will likely get it's own blog post. On Sunday morning, Jenna offered to host "Sunday School" with the kiddos, since none of us made it to church. What a wonderful idea on her behalf. So...the kids rounded up, made paper airplanes that said "God loves me" and had a nice chat with Jenna. I love when the teacher comes out in her. She's truly a talented lady! Post-lesson, of course, there were funny stories to be shared.

Jenna - "Colton, how many brothers/sisters do you have?"
Colton - " Just a sister, her" (Pointing to Emmalyn)
Emmalyn - "Na-ugh bubby, mommy's baby in hers belly"
Colton - "Ya, and that"....

Jenna - "Sawyer, how many brothers/sisters do you have?"
Sawyer (2 yrs) - "Just that one..." pointing to Jenna's growing baby belly... :)

They talked about how God knows everything about you, even how many hairs you have on your head, etc.

Monday evening, as we were headed to Jacob's Sectional Game...Colton pipes up from the backseat.

"Mom, how many people are there in the world?"

"Gosh, bud, too many to count. Lots of people!"

"Does God know how many people there are?"

"He does. He knows everything. In fact, he knew you before Daddy & I even got to meet you. God made you, did you know that?"

"Ya. Did he make me?"

"I believe he did!"

"Mom, where does God live?"

"Well, God lives in Heaven."

"No he doesn't, he lives in my heart, Mom"..........

(as tears begin to form in my eyes...) "You are absolutely right buddy, God does live in our hearts"...

And that was it...the conversation quickly returned to "are we there yets" and "I don't see the baseball field yet".....................but for a brief moment, my sweet boy moved me to tears. Jenna, I don't even know if you read this blog, but THANK YOU for taking a few moments to help built my children's belief in God. Every little bit helps and I'm so thankful you and Seth are a part of their lives. Sometimes it comes better from someone other than mom & dad...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

Central Indiana Winter Spectacular

 We kicked off show season with this set of calves in mid-January at the Central Indiana Winter Spectacular, a first time show down in Cloverdale, Indiana. I'm not sure what was more fun - being with our kids and friends at a cattle show, or listening to our kids meddle over the thought of staying in a Motel 6.  (Backstory on this one -- when I worked at Purdue/in the Conference division, I held a few conference at The Hyatt in downtown Indianapolis. When I had events there, I'd earn points. We then would use those points for free night stays....I think I had maybe 15 or so over the years. So, the only hotel my kids know, is a Hyatt, because unbeknownst to them, it was FREE.....which is the ONLY reason we stayed in such a nice place with young kids. So, imagine their dismay when the Motel 6 in Cloverdale didn't have an Eagles Nest rotating up top, or an indoor pool and hot tub/workout area. We have officially raised hotel snobs.....because when we finally took them to the k...