Skip to main content

Things I've heard lately...

Emmalyn's best lines...

- Em, did you have fun riding with Grandpa in the tractor? "Him no drive." He didn't? Who drove? "It drived itself." I see. What's Grandpa do when you ride with him, does he talk to you? "No. Him talk on hee's phone". :) Observative little cusses!

- "Me and Addi go to bubby's cool" (aka...preschool next fall)

- Emmalyn, what are your favorite colors? "Pink and poo-ple. I lub dem"

- "Mom. I put on my wotion. It aqua-poor"

- Mommy. Bubby ....." insert any kind of tattling here. We've figured that one out in full force.

- Sadly - she's gone from calling Uncle Trent "Unca T" to "Trent". My baby is growing up! :)

- "Hair-wee. Hi Baby Haiw-wee" (R's are a little weak)

- Emmalyn, go put on your flip flops..."No, I wear my Unca T boots"....even with shorts. Or a dress. Or pajamas.

- "Me no wub doze" -- pointing to green beans. She's more specific with "Me no wub bawk-o-wee" (Broccoli).


-- Emmalyn had a little "runny stool" accident Sunday morning. We got her cleaned up, and hoping it was a one time deal, packed extra undies/wipes and headed off to church. On request number 1 to hit the bathroom, she was successful. Still a little loose, but got to the potty on time. The second time must have snuck up on her -- she comes over to me and says, "Momma, my tooshie feel funny", while holding her dress up, tugging at her undies!  Thankfully, it was a small mess to clean up and didn't happen again the rest of the day -- but was an exciting church service!


Colton's been full of it lately too...

-- On the way up to Grandpa Kent's to play farmer on his "special day" (since Emmalyn got one) we were talking about what hat he would wear. (*Sidenote that lately, we've really been encouraging him to "be your own person", "God only made one Colton Stockment", etc -- because he's CONSTANTLY changing clothes to mimic his Dad, Uncle Jacob, Kendall at day care, friends at preschool, etc. He's got to be confident in who HE is...not who he perceives to be cool. ANYWAY*) I was encouraging him to wear his new Pioneer hat that Jeff had sent to him. He complained, not wanting to wear that hat. It was too big, etc. I finally chimed in and said, "Well, Grandpa Kent will have his Pioneer hat on too, you can match him"...and he quickly but eloquently pipes up from the back of the van, "Mom. Sometimes I just have to be my own person". Colton 1. Mom 0. :)

-- "Mom. I hit it off the machine today. I hit it so far, that it went into the outfield and the other team couldn't even get it!" (on his tee-ball game this past Saturday...only his second time hitting it off the pitching machine)

-- "Grandpa, I drove the mower tonight. All by myself"..."You did? Did you mow?" --very matter of factly, "No. Grandpa, it doesn't even have blades, it's just an ole' wheelhorse"...as if to say, "DUH GRANDPA!" :)

--  I've got a special dried rose from Grandma Hall's funeral on my top shelf, next to a picture of her and Aunt Fern standing next to Francis & Bob Robinson (Jason's grandpa). Next to that is a picture of Dad & Uncle Dave, with the tractor & dum-dums from his funeral. Occasionally, Colton will spy the suckers and ask for one, and I have to explain to him that those are special suckers, a special memory and that they are not to be eaten. Usually, this is distraction enough and we move on. The other night, he quickly went on to ask if he could have the tractor that's up there. I said, "Well, actually that is your tractor. Aunt Kay wanted you to have that to always remember Uncle Dave, but because it's special, we'll keep it put up until you get bigger, so nothing happens to it. You and Uncle Dave were buddies weren't you?" and he said, "Ya, he was pretty cool. You're gonna cry now, aren't you?" Which is usually what he says upon ending a conversation about Joe too! ;)

- He and Emmalyn recently spent the night with Stac & Clay while Jason and I had a "babymoon" weekend -- aka...date & night to ourselves! :) I know Stacy said Colton asked approxamately 1 million questions on their way to church Saturday evening -- so I asked her for some material for this blog post. I figured she wouldn't disappoint...


                 " Um..why is your deer smaller than my dad’s Clay?”   ouch ;)
                “Are you wearing those shorts outside Clay?” (and then quickly went and changed his own clothes to match....do you see why we're teaching him "be your own person????" basically to save myself on a few extra loads of laundry!!)
                “Why are you taking all those fishing poles, Clay?”
                “Are you putting the boat in Clay?”
                

Inquisitive & observant. Those are my children! :) 



Comments

  1. hahaha...kids are the best! So innocent and honest AND inquisitive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...