Well, we made the decision a few weeks ago to buy bunks. Again, hilarious story about this adventure can be found here (
April Showers) Anyway -- the kids have been troopers about sleeping a.) together and b.) on the floor for over a week. I really wish my camera/phone had been ON when I went to snap this picture, because MOMENTS before this was snapped, Emmalyn was laying on her BACK with her foot/leg draped over Colton's neck/face, and neither one of them seemed to care. At all.
 |
| Sleepy Babes. |
Pay close attention the covers Emmalyn's sleeping on/under. Blue. Sports. With a touch of pink blanky and CallieBear.
Yesterday, I took a half day to welcome the new bunk beds. We are so pleased with them. They turned out great and fit nicely into the space. They take up a BUNCH of room, but the kids are OVERJOYED by them. (Let's hope they still are in a year or two!)
 |
| Emmalyn sleeps on the bottom and Colton chose to sleep on top. |
 |
| Excited to check out his new bed! |
The first night went well. They were both excited to get into their covers. I was excited to get into bed after MAKING their beds. 7mo pregnant and close quarters/no good ladder made the top bed a challenge, but I did okay. I only ran out of a little bit of my breath! HA :) Emmalyn was pleased with my work, until she realized she'd be sleeping under "Boy cuubers"....she did not want boy "covers"... but Colton quickly came to my rescue pointing out that he was sleeping under her "girl covers", so all was well. I've got material and great plans for matching his/hers John Deere bedding, just haven't had a chance to whip those quilts out yet! HA Summer project number 1!
Right before bed, the kids "facetimed" Mom & Dad. They gave them a tour (I should have sent some sea-sick meds in advance of this call). Colton was up and down and here's the ladder, and here's my bed, and here's Em's bed, and here's the shelves, and .... which doesn't sound too bad, unless you understand that "Facetime" is video to video ... so likely all Mom and Dad really saw was a wild blur.
All in all -- I'd say they are happy campers. And in case you are wondering why Colton looks so weird in his picture, it was crazy hair day at Preschool yesterday. What do you do to make crazy hair for a 5 year old boy with little to no hair? You get out the Crayola washable paints and start to "color" his hair. George (classmate/daycare-mate) agreed he would do this too, but when we got to Pam's Thursday morning, George backed out. Colton was quite confident/excited about his color up until this point. After I left for work, Pam called and said he was melting and wanted her to wash it out, but she talked him through it. When I came back to drop Pam's check off (before going to work) he really broke down. Tears. Big ones. His white & red hair was not doing it, and I think mostly he was struggling with the fact that George bailed on him, and he was the only one with painted hair. GOD BLESS PAM, she came to his rescue to save me from being even LATER to work, and said, "I've got an idea. I'll paint my hair. How's that? Think I'll do it?" and suddenly, she had 10 interested toddlers/preschoolers following her to the bathroom to see if she'd actually do it. SAVED the day! And, later in the day, when he realized his Purdue Boilermaker cheering Mom had used RED & WHITE in this hair, and those are IU colors, he was totally cool with the painted hair -- just to be a turd! Here's a picture, snapped post tears on his way to watch Pam paint her hair. Bless his heart, Pam said she can handle alot, but big silent tears isn't one of them! :)
 |
| Preschool Crazy Hair Day - 2013 |
|
Comments
Post a Comment