After closing out a successful regular season, Colton was asked to play on the 2015 Frontier Pinto All-Star team! What an honor for him, and what fun to extend his season! It's a great bunch of kids, and he's really enjoying it!
After two weeks of practicing hard and learning all kinds of different positions, the kids kicked off their first tourney last night with a double header. The first game was awesome -- all the kids had great hits, made great defensive plays and just gelled really well together as a team. They beat a West Side team 17-2. Great way to kick off the tourney.
I think the sticky heat & long evening got to them in game two -- as they faced a tough, fresh East Tipp team. Still had some great hits, and played well, but eventually lost to ET.
More than the baseball, I've truly enjoyed watching these boys interact, cheer for one another and become best of friends. These are where memories are made for a lifetime, and I'm beyond thankful God has placed us in a great small town, with wonderful families to help us raise our kids. It's truly a village of wonderful people, and we are loving every minute!
GO FALCONS! (This is getting easier for me....now to find myself some Red & Black gear...)
I can't wait to pull this last one out to use for High School graduation. So proud of these young kids and their kind hearts & great sportsmanship! Play hard, Red!
After two weeks of practicing hard and learning all kinds of different positions, the kids kicked off their first tourney last night with a double header. The first game was awesome -- all the kids had great hits, made great defensive plays and just gelled really well together as a team. They beat a West Side team 17-2. Great way to kick off the tourney.
I think the sticky heat & long evening got to them in game two -- as they faced a tough, fresh East Tipp team. Still had some great hits, and played well, but eventually lost to ET.
More than the baseball, I've truly enjoyed watching these boys interact, cheer for one another and become best of friends. These are where memories are made for a lifetime, and I'm beyond thankful God has placed us in a great small town, with wonderful families to help us raise our kids. It's truly a village of wonderful people, and we are loving every minute!
GO FALCONS! (This is getting easier for me....now to find myself some Red & Black gear...)
I can't wait to pull this last one out to use for High School graduation. So proud of these young kids and their kind hearts & great sportsmanship! Play hard, Red!
Comments
Post a Comment