When Frozen came out, it took the nation into it's arms, and hugged little want to be princesses everywhere. We were late to the ballgame. We didn't see Frozen in theatres, let alone that winter. We didn't know the songs, we didn't get the hype. Finally, late summer 2014...we decided to see what the hype was about. With that one simple curious movie rental, we welcomed Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Sven & Christoph into our home...........and they haven't left since!
When it came time for Em to choose her birthday theme for her 5th birthday party, it was a no brainer. EVERYONE was having a Frozen birthday, and we would not be left out of this phenomenon. So, when I saw paper goods at Kohl's on a Black Friday deal, and had a 30% coupon, I stocked up....and tucked them away for that special day in June. I'm pretty sure Queen Elsa was actually AT Emmalyn's party this year...because it was a whoppin 50 some degrees that June 1st! A Frozen Birthday, in deed! :)
We gathered friends, family and spent the Sunday afternoon celebrating Emmalyn. What a fun time we had! I even went a bit overboard on the decor & "Frozen" themed items...but how could you not? I loved the movie as much as my kids. Believe it or not, that will be marked forever in history for our family as the FIRST animated movie my kids sat and watched, beginning to end. All of them. THAT is an amazing feat!
And, in true fashion, we tested Aunt Sarah with our cake pics....princess Anna & Elsa cakes. She did a perfect job! And, Em got two new dolls out of the deal!
It was a fun party! We are so thankful to have loving friends & family to come share our kids special days!
Per our new tradition, Mom & Dad got Emmalyn some birthday money for her birthday date. And per our new tradition, about a month later, we finally got to do her date! Just Emmalyn, Mom & Dad. Emmalyn requested that we eat sausage pizza and go to the movies and eat candy & popcorn. And shopping to spend her birthday money. So that's just what we did.
We saw Disney's new animated film, "Inside Out" and it was adorable. It was about feelings and memories and well...needless to say, being with Em on her FIFTH birthday, and realizing how quickly time flies....I got a little teary at the end. As we walked out of the theatre, Jason says, "Ugh, why's she doing that?" I turned around to see Em beat red, holding back a dam of tears! I asked her what was wrong and she said, "Well, you were crying and now I'm crying. I don't want to cry!" HA Bless her sweet, tender heart. You're gonna be a crier...just.like.momma! :)
Emmalyn, you are a darling, sweet, caring, funny, goofy little girl with a wonderful imagination and a heart for others. You are a great helper around the house, and are a smart little whip. We love you to pieces and are so thankful for the time we got to spend on our date. Thanks for not being embarassed of your dad when he tried to ride the skateboard in Walmart. Odds are, in a few years, that will completely ruin you! :)
We love you, Sweet Pea!
When it came time for Em to choose her birthday theme for her 5th birthday party, it was a no brainer. EVERYONE was having a Frozen birthday, and we would not be left out of this phenomenon. So, when I saw paper goods at Kohl's on a Black Friday deal, and had a 30% coupon, I stocked up....and tucked them away for that special day in June. I'm pretty sure Queen Elsa was actually AT Emmalyn's party this year...because it was a whoppin 50 some degrees that June 1st! A Frozen Birthday, in deed! :)
We gathered friends, family and spent the Sunday afternoon celebrating Emmalyn. What a fun time we had! I even went a bit overboard on the decor & "Frozen" themed items...but how could you not? I loved the movie as much as my kids. Believe it or not, that will be marked forever in history for our family as the FIRST animated movie my kids sat and watched, beginning to end. All of them. THAT is an amazing feat!
And, in true fashion, we tested Aunt Sarah with our cake pics....princess Anna & Elsa cakes. She did a perfect job! And, Em got two new dolls out of the deal!
| Aunt Sarah made you amazing cakes! |
It was a fun party! We are so thankful to have loving friends & family to come share our kids special days!
Per our new tradition, Mom & Dad got Emmalyn some birthday money for her birthday date. And per our new tradition, about a month later, we finally got to do her date! Just Emmalyn, Mom & Dad. Emmalyn requested that we eat sausage pizza and go to the movies and eat candy & popcorn. And shopping to spend her birthday money. So that's just what we did.
We saw Disney's new animated film, "Inside Out" and it was adorable. It was about feelings and memories and well...needless to say, being with Em on her FIFTH birthday, and realizing how quickly time flies....I got a little teary at the end. As we walked out of the theatre, Jason says, "Ugh, why's she doing that?" I turned around to see Em beat red, holding back a dam of tears! I asked her what was wrong and she said, "Well, you were crying and now I'm crying. I don't want to cry!" HA Bless her sweet, tender heart. You're gonna be a crier...just.like.momma! :)
Emmalyn, you are a darling, sweet, caring, funny, goofy little girl with a wonderful imagination and a heart for others. You are a great helper around the house, and are a smart little whip. We love you to pieces and are so thankful for the time we got to spend on our date. Thanks for not being embarassed of your dad when he tried to ride the skateboard in Walmart. Odds are, in a few years, that will completely ruin you! :)
We love you, Sweet Pea!
Comments
Post a Comment