I can safely say Fair week is one of my favorite weeks of the year. I can now also confidently say it's one of my kiddos favorite weeks of the year too! This makes my heart swell with joy!
Every morning since Saturday they have been waking at 6:30, and asking on repeat, "when are we going to the fair?", "can I wear jeans, my good boots and a tank top to the fair tonight?"...and this morning, "I'm going to wear my fair clothes to Pam's, just in case we don't have time to come home and change!"....and this was all from Colton, my fashionista!
It's been a bit different this year, as it's my 2nd year on the Ag Association, but first year to run lead on the Commercial Vendor Committee. Overall, I think we have done some good things, but there is always room for improvement!
Another big change in our yearly agenda, was that Jason had lasik eye surgery onThursday of last week, and has been in recovery since. This means not only was I helping at the fair, I was going it single parent style...which has been a fun challenge. Thankfully, our parents are awesome and have helped with Keaton and the bigs have been great about helping me, and learning the fairgrounds for themselves!!
Saturday was set up, Fashion Review emcee, and the first official day of the fair! I didn't get many pictures of the fun.
Sunday me and the bigs did the "color me green" 4-H 5k in the morning, and they got to "show" some goats with the Wieses and Mya! It was a great morning!










Comments
Post a Comment