I can remember as a little girl, it was such an honor to be asked to be Mary in the Christmas Eve, or likewise for my brothers, to be Joseph. A few years back, Colton was asked to be Joseph, and this year, Em got drawn to be Mary. Even more fun, Colton was a Wiseman and Keaton an angel. Well....almost an angel.
In the weeks leading up to the program, the CCD classes practice the program, and each week, Keaton was a wonderful little angel with the rest of his prek class. And, let's be real here....there have been a few times in Keaton's short 4 years, where we feared him to be the next Dolick boy, running amok on the alter much to our despair. Letting him loose on Christmas eve, all jacked up on holiday goodies....didn't exactly seem like a recipe for success.
Thankfully, cousin Jeff (his teacher) said he had it under control. Keaton adores "Uncle Jeffy" and I took a deep breath, and headed upstairs. As we waited for the church to fill, it hit me that I'd not gotten a picture of Emmalyn as Mary, and for this blogs' purpose, I knew I should do that. Capture that memory. As I got downstairs I saw a slew of little ones donning white smocks with glittery wings. Such adorable little angels they were. Then I saw Jeff, and Keaton, pulling off what seemed to be a last minute outfit change. Apparently, Keaton didn't want to be an angel, he wanted to be a shepherd....and Uncle Jeffy aims to please. So, amidst a slew of angels, there stood my front row shepherd. Hey man. Whatever works. He behaved like an angel, and that's all that really matters, right?
In the weeks leading up to the program, the CCD classes practice the program, and each week, Keaton was a wonderful little angel with the rest of his prek class. And, let's be real here....there have been a few times in Keaton's short 4 years, where we feared him to be the next Dolick boy, running amok on the alter much to our despair. Letting him loose on Christmas eve, all jacked up on holiday goodies....didn't exactly seem like a recipe for success.
Thankfully, cousin Jeff (his teacher) said he had it under control. Keaton adores "Uncle Jeffy" and I took a deep breath, and headed upstairs. As we waited for the church to fill, it hit me that I'd not gotten a picture of Emmalyn as Mary, and for this blogs' purpose, I knew I should do that. Capture that memory. As I got downstairs I saw a slew of little ones donning white smocks with glittery wings. Such adorable little angels they were. Then I saw Jeff, and Keaton, pulling off what seemed to be a last minute outfit change. Apparently, Keaton didn't want to be an angel, he wanted to be a shepherd....and Uncle Jeffy aims to please. So, amidst a slew of angels, there stood my front row shepherd. Hey man. Whatever works. He behaved like an angel, and that's all that really matters, right?
Comments
Post a Comment