Monday, 01 October 2007
We survived another weekend, but I'm telling you, Monday morning should not start until 10am or even noon!! We both hit the snooze button multiple times this morning...just didn't want to move! Friday evening Jason worked out at the house, and I was on a mission to buy him new work jeans. I didn't feel that this was a necessity for him, but later learned that it probably was. We had plans to go up to Frontier's Homecoming game...but instead he quit early and we got Chalmers Pub carryout at the Stockment residence! We had a nice visit with his Mom and didn't know when to expect his Dad, it's that time of year, and they were loading out train cars, so we didn't expect him too early. Finally about 10, we gave up on him and went home to crash!Saturday, Jason picked up Jacob and headed out to the house about 8am...while I slept in, and made lunch for the boys. I had made plans before we moved to help prepare the Indiana candidate for National Office, so that was on my agenda for early Saturday afternoon. When I got there about 12:30, to drop off lunch, the boys already had the stairs about finished, and were working away. I came back out about 5ish (after a nice visit with Gram...it'd been since before Jeff & Jenna's wedding that I'd been to see her!!!), and peeled wallpaper. What a task. The renters painted over the wallpaper that is in the living room, and so basically, we tore off the wall paper, and now have to go back and scrape off the glue/backing. Nothing like doing a job twice!
Oh well...blood, sweat & tears will make it our own...and so far,
we've got the sweat & tears down -- thanks to my overflowing
hormones!
Thankfully, we haven't had any blood...and considering our help, that's
pretty darn good. We left at a decent time on Saturday night to help
Mom & Dad put the cover on the pool to winterize it. That's the only
thing they've asked us to do to "earn our keep", I think that was the
least we could do!Sunday it was church, then back out to the house. The boys kept working away on odd jobs here and there, and giving tours...we had lots of visitors Sunday afternoon. I got all the wallpaper (round one) off the walls, and later in the afternoon, Jacki came down to help me get started on getting the glue/backing off. That will be the more tedious/time consuming of the tasks, but it's making a huge difference. The walls will be nice and ready to paint! We worked until about 6ish, then the boys decided to call it a day, and thank goodness, I was starving! We dropped Jacob off and visited awhile, then went home and both just crashed on the couch. We watched Glory Road, which we'd seen before, but what a great movie. If you've not seen it, we recommend it.
In other bright news....the Cubs clinched the NL Central, the Boilers (thankfully) knocked off the Irish, and the Colts pulled through for another win. Pretty good weekend if you ask me. Pray that the Cubs continue to pull it off...after all, once a Cubs fan, always a Cubs fan!

Tonight, Jason's going to work on the house, and I'm going to run some errands in Lafayette after work. Then, back to the grind tomorrow night. He's got a buddy out there helping him plumb tonight, so I'll just stay out of their way. It's a man's world right?
Okay, here's some pictures to update...again, they don't look like huge changes, but we're getting their folks....slowly but surely! Have a great Monday!
Here is the laundry room with it's new floor joists. That's pretty much all I know about this room/picture, so I'm gonna keep this description vague. This is Jason's project...even what Kim needs to know...isn't always known. But, he's happy with the progress he's made there, so I'm sure it'll work out great.

This is the painted over wallpaper. It tore off so hard, and basically left the fuzzy stuff underneath. Seriously, who paints over wallpaper?? Come on now...

Here are the new stairs. They are 110% better than they used to be...I'll be anxious to get carpet on them and start using them...will be good for this pregnant belly & butt!

Finally, this is our dining room -- although, who would eat in here right? It's currently being used for a workshop area!

The end!
Comments
Post a Comment