Well, first of all, wow, it's been a whole week since I updated. Sorry about that. Hard to believe. I'm having a hard time believing that it's already Thursday....Monday was just yesterday. At least it feels that way this week.
House -- major progress. Well, sort of. Friday we worked around the house pulling off wallpaper and getting things prepped for drywall. Jason and a buddy from work drywalled the stairwell, upstairs room & nursery all before noon on Saturday. Saturday afternoon, he and Jacob piddled around finishing up the nursery and started some work on the dining room to get it ready to drywall. Finally though, about 5:30pm, I think Jason hit a brick wall. He's been working so hard out there, and late each night, not getting home until 9:30-10, eating, then crashing. We came home, ate supper, and dear Jason was asleep on the couch in the 5th inning of the Cubs game, about 7pm. Poor guy. He was in and out during the rest of the Cubs game (which was awful, they didn't even show up like a Division Champion Team that they were...) and the Purdue game. At half time of the Purdue game, we called it a day. Well, I did, Jason had called it a day a long time before that.
Sunday we didn't get much done at the house -- it was Grandma Halls 87th Birthday -- so we went to church with her, then visited for awhile, before leaving to run around and get a few things we needed for the house. We had a really nice visit with Gram. Most of you who read this, know how much my Gram means to me, and how hard this past year has been watching her in a nursing home. We've all adjusted, and know that she hates it there, but has at least come to terms with living there, and made some good friends. Recently, this spring/early summer, they started taking Gram and a few of her friends down the street to the tavern. We've all teased Gram all summer about this, and how we can't believe at her age, she's still hitting up the bars. She always gets embarrassed, and just laughs with us. Today, we have proof. Check this article out that was in the Lafayette Journal & Courier... http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071011/NEWS/710110301/1141/NEWS -- this is too cute. (If the link doesn't work, you can copy and paste into your browser, I'm not sure how to link it...). Sunday afternoon, we unloaded the supplies we took out to the house, sat out on the swing and visited with Adam Wiese, and then went to the "Meet Meredith" party. It was nice to see a bunch of Jason's family there, then to go back to his parents for dinner & hang his parents, John & Jess and Jacob. Oh, and it was pretty cool to be around Meredith all night too. She's such a sweetheart. And it's good practice for me to be around her...helps me prepare!

This week has been busy with work at the house for Jason, but we're to a point where it's all "guy work"...or at least, not pregnant girl work. Which has actually been really hard on me. I feel like I'm not pulling my weight...but like Jason said, I can't very well be crawling around under the house helping plumb it, and don't know how to hang drywall....so I've been cooking suppers all week for him and my family who's been out in the field til later each evening. I guess I really am doing my part, but I wish there was more of a part I could play at the house. Something I could do to get us moved in quicker. We've almost been at Mom & Dad's one month...which I thought would be the maximum...but it's not looking like that at this point. Thank God they are patient and love us...did I mention how patient they were? (Well, Mom anyway! haha
)Baby is growing and moving. We had dinner last night for Jason's 27th birthday, and his Dad asked I were sure there weren't 2 or 3 in there. My belly has just popped out all of the sudden. I'll try to take some side photos so you can see the growth. It's kind of crazy. I'm loving all the movement, but hating the lack of sleep. Nothing is comfortable, and two bed hogs in a double bed doesn't exactly help!!
I have to work all weekend. I have the W. Edwards Deming Fall Institute Conference in town....not really sure who Deming is, but they are all giddy about his methods and information. Should be interesting. I'm not at all thrilled about having to be down here by 6:30am on Saturday, but what the heck...you do what you can right? Needless to say, I'll be in on Friday night, Saturday & Sunday, and probably later on Monday morning. I've got to comp myself somehow right?
Back to the grind for today. It's dragging on. I'm going to go home and make some warm yummy soup tonight. It's a good soup night. Enjoy your evenings, and your weekend. I'll post more pictures when I can.
Comments
Post a Comment