Well, as of right now, we're set to sign closing papers on the new house, in approximately 3 hours. Luckily, I have a bottle of champagne in the fridge at the new house -- we might have to have some sips to celebrate. Obviously, because of baby, Kim's sips will be just that...sips, but hey, this has been a long time, and a lot of hard work coming...I think we deserve to celebrate. Beyond that...in today's Exponent (Purdue's daily...good for only the daily horoscopes...), Jason's "Tonight:..." statement, was "Tonight: A meeting degenerates into a wild get together." and mine, "Tonight: Act like it's the weekend." See. We were meant to celebrate today.
Not too much to update on, other than we've been putting in a lot of hours this week, and were both late to work today, because we overslept. Not an earth shattering late, but a good 5-10 minutes -- stupid alarm clock kept going off....come Saturday, it's not going off, and work starts, when we finally peel ourselves out of bed. At least that's my plan. We'll see what "super go getter Jason" decides to do.
Rhoda's been out helping with some plumbing. I'd post pictures, but really....I can't even tell what they've been doing, so it'd be kind of pointless. I mean, what he's doing is awesome, there's new lines through the utility room, and that'll be great for when we need to shut the water off, etc, but I know nothing bout plumbing...so, I'll stop there. I'm almost done getting the nasty leftover wallpaper stuff off the living room walls. It's actually gone much faster than I anticipated. I'll be anxious to see how the bathroom goes, it's basically just peeling off the glue. That will be a sticky task.
Baby is doing well....Jason got to feel it doing an Irish Jig in my belly the other night before bed....usually he just gets one decent kick before the kid disappears...but that night, he felt 2-3 pretty strong kicks in a row. That's exciting for both of us. Everytime I got to show my Mom & Dad that my belly is moving...I swear it hears me talking about him, and just disappears. (No, I did not slip up there and put "him", because we really know the sex, it's still a mystery...but sometimes, I feel guilty calling my offspring "it"...so the he & him references are just out of guilt.) I've actually got a poll going on face book, asking my friends whether they think this baby growing inside of me is a boy or a girl. Right now, 3-0, girls win. We had a boy vibe for a long time, but I think we're crossing over into the girl vibe....hmmm?? Time will tell, I'm 24 weeks, so only 16 more weeks if I go full term! More if I go over! Isn't that nuts...16 more weeks...that's going to fly once the holidays start to hit...time always flies around the holidays!
Well, Matt comes home this weekend from college. I has Mom ask if he was going to share the bed with us...she told him he could, but he'd have to leave room for Murph at the end of the bed. Poor guy, we've basically booted him out down to the twin bed. Good for him though, he's always been the spoiled brat, so I feel like this is my revenge. Some revenge huh...moving back home to live with your parents...actually, we're the bigger dorks in this situation. Oh well, it's working out, saving us money, and has actually been a huge help, so we're very grateful!!
Better get back to work. I'm leaving early today, but wanted to write a quick note. And to whomever had the bright idea to shut off my dates...I think I'll do that, if I can figure out how to work my camera! :) Happy Thursday, and Cheers!
Comments
Post a Comment