Skip to main content

Pictures of Progress

Well, again, I'm not a great photographer, but here is a photo update of the progress that was made. Just last night, the finishers came out and started going to town upstairs. They are fast, and good at what they do. This makes me happy, because it's a step toward work I can be doing. Granted, there is still plenty going on in our house, but at least we're making big strides forward at this point. I just really hope that we continue to move forward, with no more setbacks.

By the way, if you're at all interested in donating to the help Kim & Jason finance this place...you can call about donation options. Many are available! :) HA I never realized how much it cost to do some of this work (and we're getting it cheap, because Jason has some amazing friends & coworkers!!) Okay...now the serious part, the pictures...

This is some of the drywall hung, but not yet finished. Really, its not a great picture...but it's progress!


This shows more of the dining room, all finished out in drywall...and Jason working so hard!!


Finishing the drywall...not sure who's belly that is...but I might have an idea...


This is Jason putting down more pieces of the floor in the laundry/bathroom. It's finally coming back together.


This is my favorite picture of the evening: Let me replay a typical Trevor & Jason conversation...
"Jas, bud, where do you want....*insert something technical here...*"
"Well, I don't know...I mean, whatever bud, you're the electrician..."
"Yeah, but bud, it's your house..."
"I know that, but I don't have a clue what's best...I mean, (insert long pause...) whatever..."
It's always bud this, bud that....it's pretty cute. Even funnier...they are both hard of hearing below the age of 30...so when one yells something to the other, the other says..."HUH?" and then they proceed to yell again, what they just yelled. It's hilarious (probably more so if you witness the exchange...) Anyway...here's Trevor asking for some decisions....


The end, happy weekend. And as always...stop out, we're around! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...