Wednesday, 24 October 2007
Well, we're finally making forward progress. Not that we haven't been all along, it just felt like we kept hitting snags in the road, and would have to take 2 steps forward and 5 steps back! Let's do a checklist, just for fun:Plumbing - done, aside from hooking up water heater
Duct Work - done.
Drywall - Hung, except for the laundry room. (They start finishing tonight!!! Hooray for that!!)
Electric - just the laundry room & circuit board left -- I've been told one weekend? We'll see if that flies...
Jason tells me that we might be able to start painting next weekend (not this weekend...but next). That'd be huge! That means carpet & floors aren't too far behind, and we'd still be on track to meet our move in before Thanksgiving deadline! I have a feeling once we start doing some of that work, I'll really feel like we are finally making progress and moving things forward!!!
Everything is looking nice, and really, when you stop and consider that we've only been working evenings & weekends, we've really gotten a lot accomplished in 6 weeks. Thank God for great friends and family who have helped us along the way!! That makes a HUGE difference.
In other news (as if there is any, aside from this house project...) the baby is good. Last night, I thought the little thing was going to break free via my belly button! Mom finally got to feel it. I swear, every time I call her over to feel it, the baby stops moving. Well, she felt slight movement last night, and when she went to her chair to sit, she saw it try to break free! HA :) It's a pretty amazing feeling, knowing that our baby is moving around like that in my stomach. Jason loves to watch it/feel it. It's a pretty cool thing! I'm getting bigger, but still well with in my weight gain range. I'm happy about that. It's been helpful having people nag on me, but I still look huge! It's such a change...but a pretty cool one. And yes, Jessica, I can still see my feet!

Work has been pretty steady lately. I can hardly believe that it's time for the holidays. That means baby is right around the corner, and we've got a lot to do in the next 13 weeks until baby arrives (if he or she comes in and around the due date area...). It's exciting, and I know, that with Thanksgiving, Christmas & all of that fun, that it will go VERY fast!
Speaking of, I can't wait for the holidays! I love Christmas & this time of year. Everyone is always so happy & cheerful. Why can't people be like that all year long? Do they really have to have a holiday to have a good excuse to be happy? This probably goes well with my thoughts on why money shouldn't exist. I'm sure it's all here for a reason!
This weekend -- electric work on the house, maybe picking out painting supplies, getting that effort organized, and then putting a down payment on carpet!
Mom & Dad are traveling to Indy to watch Matt get his American Degree -- we now all three have our American FFA Degree, which is pretty cool (if you're into the whole FFA thing...if not, it's probably foreign to you...). I think they'll really enjoy seeing it in Indy...Mom's been to Kansas City with me once before...then both of them to Louisville for Trent, and now to Indy for Matt. If you have a chance, check it out, it's an amazing thing. So many blue FFA jackets cheering on American Agriculture all in one place. And cut...I'll get off my FFA high horse!

I just noticed, that this is probably my most random post yet. I suppose this happens, when you don't post for like a week and a half, but bear with me people, life's hectic. And, I've got a brain that's really lapsed on me. Some of you who have known me for a long time, are probably thinking, no big surprise, this girls been a dumb blonde for a long as I can remember, but trust me...I was a genius in those moments compared to now. It's sad!
Comments
Post a Comment