Skip to main content

Saturday, a day of work....

Well, it's official. After almost 10 months of avoiding working for a full weekend, here I am. At work. All weekend. And, what a weekend to be working. Let me backtrack a little bit, to bring you up to speed.

Friday mornings. My favorite -- they mean that if you survive one more day, you'll get two off, to do as you please. Two days to sleep in a little bit, work on the house, and just not have to dress up. Yesterday, was a perfect Friday morning. Almost. I was even having a decent hair day. Go figure. I fixed myself a steaming cup of hot apple cider with red hots, my favorite this time of year. I loaded up my car, dreading the fact that I had to work until 10pm, but knowing that I had everything prepared, I didn't fret too much. Cruising down 700W, headed for work, 7:45am, sipping my hot cider, and happy to know that Ron White was on Bob & Tom, and actually, pretty funny. About 2 minutes later, and 1.75 miles down the road from mom and dad....just past Stollers, at the bridge (where for years I've known to slow down, because they ALWAYS had cows out in that ditch...) I began to slow down, as I normally do. But, I should verify, slowing down on 700, is usually from like 70ish, to 55-60ish...I look both ways, and am cautious. Well, yesterday, I was either in a daze, or just flat couldn't see anything in the grown up grass along the ditch banks. Needless to say, next thing I know, I'm screaming, putting my drink down, and wondering what the heck just happened. I remember a blur of brown, and a HUGE crashing sound. I finally slowed my car to a stop, about 100 ft down the road, and realize what just happened. I had hit my first deer. 25 years old, after 10,000+ trips up and down 700W, and on my happy little Friday morning, at 6 months pregnant, I have to smoke a deer in the middle of the road. Disclaimer -- it hit me. It had to have. Here's what I think really happened -- I'm pretty sure that as I drove onto the bridge, right where the guard rail starts, the deer jumped the rail, and nailed my front right headlight. It totally smashed in that front portion of my car, everything from the front bumper, to the headlight, to the panel above the front right tire. Oh yeah, and it pooped all down the right side of my car. (Like Trent said..."I'd probably shit myself too, if I were hit by a car at 55+ miles per hour!" -- at least he made me laugh!)  So, needless to say, my cars in the shop, I driving a totally hot (barely legal, and awful sounding) Ford Focus, and wishing that just something in our lives could be easy right now. Good news....baby was not hurt. I went to the Doc just to be sure -- and heartbeat was great, and everything looked fine. I'm a little bit sore in a few places today, but I'd have to guess mostly from just tensing up and freaking out -- I really wasn't jostled around too much. I pretty much owe my brother and Dad huge, for coming down to rescue me, and Jason, for being calm as I'm sobbing on the phone to him. (hormones...I swear...). Where I'd like to fault Trent, is that when he showed up...he didn't say anything about my face. By now, I'd quit crying, and was able to laugh, mildly, about things.  Some lady drove up on us, and stopped to ask how everyone was -- and we assured her I was fine, and told her to watch out for the deer in the road. It wasn't until after she drove off, that I looked in the mirror -- I totally looked like I was the extra member to KISS. I had huge black streaks (multiple) down my cheeks...thanks Trent, thanks. Although, smart of him to not comment...who knows what my response would have been! :) HA Then, once I finally got to work, at 10am, it was hectic....I didn't take a lunch, I grabbed a quick bite at my desk and kept on working away. Clear through my reception that lasted from 5:30-10pm. That's right, I got home at 10:30ish last night....I'd left the house at 7:35am. LONG day for a pregnant lady. And, my secretary ditched me...so I did the registration all by myself...seriously. Does it get more boring? To top it all off....I got to bed about 11pm last night, and had to be back here by 6:30am this morning. And I'm stuck here til probably 8pm tonight. Somebody shoot me. Funny though, I just realized I'm taking out my boredom on you all...by typing a book.

Jason's out at the house today, working with Trevor to rewire the old part of the house. We decided we couldn't afford to fix the house up all nice, only to have it burn, because of trashed out wiring. Probably a smart decision. He burnt the burn pile last night....huge fire, but I'm glad he got it taken care of. Tomorrow is the St. Joe Turkey Dinner, so we'll have that for lunch, and work the Youth Group Bake Sale (after coming down to work tomorrow morning to check things out, and make sure they are all set...). I'd like to warn you -- about 3pm tomorrow....don't call me, don't email me, don't bother me...I'll be napping. Period. I have a feeling I'll just CRASH at the end of this weekend. Jason too...he's had a few late nights this week...and big days today/tomorrow. But, big days for him, mean progress on our house. Hooray for that. I hope that you all are enjoying the weather, and the weekend. It looks great out -- I'll be thinking of you from in here....it's like I'm in jail for the weekend. HAHA...you have to work! :)  I shouldn't complain, I could have been doing this long before now with this job....and this is only the first time.

Happy Weekend, and hey, watch out for deer. They're quick little buggers...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...