Skip to main content

Just like the energizer bunny...

It's funny, how God choses to hand life to us sometimes. We are blessed, incredibly blessed. We have amazing family and friends, a great marriage, a healthy pregnancy, vehicles, a house, a pup, and retirement plans that we've not had to stop contributing too. We have support from our family, help from our friends, and I'm lucky to have an amazing husband who has worked himself beyond the bone, to make that old farm house a home. He works all day (hard work too, not computer work...as he might say), and then busts his chops each evening until I finally drag him away at 9pm or later, usually against his will.  He never ceases to amaze me.

That said, this pregnant lady is getting impatient. We've now officially been at Mom and Dad's for 7 weeks. I'd asked Mom back in September if we could stay with them for maybe 2 weeks....and surprisingly, they say we've not worn out our welcome. I think what frustrates Jason and I both the most, is the fact that there are so many things that are "just about done" "almost finished" "just one more little thing to do to finish it"...and there's not one thing we've started out there (big project wise), that's finished. Also, I don't like to be told that I can do something, and then have a change in plans. Ask Jason, I hate changing plans so much, that often times, it makes me cry. (I'm a sis like that...). Last weekend, I was told that I'd easily be painting by this Saturday. Then, the finisher decided to not show up 3 nights this week...so guess what...we're not painting this weekend. I'm now hoping for maybe Wednesday evening of next week to get started...I just want to start decorating my house, and feeling like I'm doing my part again. We've gone through a big stretch of work where Jason's done a majority of it, either by himself or with buddies from work, and it's typically been stuff that I either can't do because I'm pregnant, or can't do because I'm not accustomed to wearing a tool belt each day! I'm ready to start feeling like I'm actually contributing again...right now, I feel helpless/worthless.   So, we both need to cheer up, and just as anyone doing a major remodel, you have your days where you get frustrated/down, but there will be brighter days. We're hoping to be moving Thanksgiving weekend (or at least I am, those out there more realistic would say early December...). We're making progress, and we've made huge strides from the condition we found the house in...but man...this 28 week pregnant woman just isn't handling the pressure very well. Not to mention, I'm a constant worrier....go figure.

Speaking of baby -- everything is going great. We've registered (tons of fun), and now just have to decide on and buy baby furniture. I've got all my paint colors figured out and bought, and I'm armed and ready to go when they give me the go ahead, and I will...I'm ready. (Mom said I'll wear out faster than I'm anticipating, and she's probably right...but I'm ambitious and anxious, I've got that going for me! ) Baby kicks often, which is fun. I love the feeling, and knowing that there's a little person growing inside of me. It's all still hard to grasp, but watching Jason get that smile on his face when he feels the baby kick, reminds me what a blessing this is.  God works in funny ways...we had trouble last fall, when our life was easy and free, and  now here we are, 6 months pregnant, buying/fixing up a house, living at my parents, work is crazy, it's the holidays...you name it. But, if He brings us to it, He'll bring us through it...so I've just got to hold on for the ride!

Gram Hall made her first trip to the house, and I'm anxious for Gram Hancock to come out. Gram Pat has been by a few times now as well, so we're glad they've had the chance to see the progress. I have to share this funny story of my Grandma Hall and her sisters. About 3 weeks ago, I called Jason about 4:00ish from work, to see what was going on out there, and when he answered I asked what was going on, and he said "Oh, just showing your nosy aunts around"...I could hear some cackling and "oh dear's" in the background...come to find out, Aunt Fern and Aunt Rene, two of Gram Halls sisters, had just randomly stopped out. In typical Aunt Rene fashion, she apologized up and down for not calling before they came, and that was rude of them to be so nosy. In typical Aunt Fern fashion, she said "I am nosy...I want the tour!" haha They are a HOOT!! And, Gram was real pleased with the place when she came out...she said that in all her years of living in Brookston, she'd never been back there, but it was a beautiful place.

Well, I better wrap this up. Jennifer here at work always gives me a hard time about writing so much, and if you haven't noticed my brain is mush with this pregnancy, and I jump from subject to subject. I've got a program that starts at 6:30, then I'm outta here for the night. Hope that all is well with each of you, and I'm sure we'll be seeing you soon...Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Hopefully more pictures & updates to come soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...