Skip to main content

THE END!!!!

Friday, 30 November 2007

Well, not technically the end...because well, there's still a list of things to fix up here and there...but almost the end! Carpets in, and looks great. Vinyl gets replaced next Wednesday morning (in the back bathroom/laundry room where they screwed up), laminate floor is down, water heater is in, and with only a little bit of electrical work left we're just about there. Oh, and did I mention...WE GOT OUR STUFF BACK!!!  No more storage unit, no more bare house -- we have our couch, our decorations, MY SHOES!!!!...after all, we did only pack the bare minimums to take to mom and dad's for that 2 weeks we were going to need to stay with them. But, we'll be moved in just shy of 3 months...and that's not too shabby. Enough chit chat already...I'll share pictures from last night..."move stuff-in night!"  First though -- a HUGE Thank you to our moving crew, the Stockments, Halls, Ross & Becky Clark, Poke Stinson, Dane Clark & Randy Swygman. We had the storage unit unloaded in probably 1 1/2 hours, and things put in their proper rooms in 3. They rocked, and I couldn't be more thankful!!

Mom & Rossco trying to figure out the new trim rings for the can lights.



Where the carpet & laminate meet, going into the living room -- still missing a transition strip, but carpet layers will do that when they come back on Wednesday.


Ever had that problem, the one where you can't get your Queen sized box matress up the stairs or through a window? Well, I'm sure we are among many with that problem, and Ross suggested that we cut the mattress in half, that was our only option. Here they are engineering the cut. You can't see me, behind the camera, shaking in my booties at this idea. I'll give Ross credit though -- it worked, and you can't even really tell they did anything to it. It was like surgery on the box springs. What goes up, will likely never come back down...at least not in one piece!


Butch or Ross...not sure which, made the comment to my dad, that he and I were twins last night -- blue sweatshirts, big bellies, blue eyes -- I thought this was cute...obviously Dad was only slightly amused...


Jason and Butch determining how we'd fit a big screen tv into this cabinet...they look like real thinkers don't they?


Me...so happy to have our stuff back. That sounds so materialistic...but seriously, when you don't have it...you forget all the cute decorations, wedding gifts, pots & pans, wall hangings, furniture that you were used to in your own home. The couch missed me too...but not my extra pounds and the baby that I'm carrying. I left a nice dent in the couch...


Dark picture -- looking from living room back into dining room -- notice we still have a toilet, washtub, and some construction equipment that needs to be taken care of...but we're getting there.


Dining room looking into Sunroom -- this will be like a lounge area, another TV/Couch, etc. A game room so to speak.


The new main entrance...obviously a dumping grounds for things until we get put away and settled.


The end. Happy Weekend, and a special shout out to Seth & Jenna...Congratulations on your wedding day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Two + Two + One more = FIVE

Yup, you read that right, by the end of July, the Stockment's will officially be a family of five. Jason and I learned in mid-November that we were expecting our third child and we were both overjoyed with the news. (More so than I thought Jason would be -- he wasn't convinced on having another (or should I say, not as convinced as I was), but once he saw that baby's heartbeating on the monitor at the docs office, he couldn't keep it a secret anymore!!) I convinced Jason to keep our news to immediate family, however, failed to remember that we have a VERY chatty 4 year old, and a 2 year old who repeats everything her big bro says! :) So, we told our families on a Tuesday evening (after our doc appointment that afternoon) and by Thursday, I think half of White County knew. If you attend or drop children off to attend Pam's daycare or Bright Beginnings Preschool, you were amongst the first to know! I had hoped for some elaborate scheme to tell both of our parents ...

Life's Beachy

What a whirlwind month March has been! From the baby reveal to birthday parties (Madi turning 3, Sawyer turning 2 and soon Brad & Debbie!), to Jason working weekend after weekend at his side job, to moving Matt & Sarah into their new home, to Jason getting a new job, to kindergarten round up, to preparing for Florida....whew! Yup, you read that right -- after 14 years with Bouma Betten, Jason is making a jump. He applied for a job with Monsanto in Remington, and was lucky enough to be offered the job just last week. I am so beyond proud of him -- he's not a resume/interview kind of guy, but he put his best foot forward and proved what a hard worker he is. He'll start there as a Seed Tech in mid-April and although it will mean big changes for him (and US!), it will be worth it. The benefits cannot be topped...vacation time, paid time off for sick leave, 401K, health -- all things he didn't have (or did have, but not great) in his current job. It will certainly be a...