Apparently, if you post too much, they make you start a new one, so here we go...more pictures.
- This was Jason all day -- working in the closet...he felt cool with his little headlamp. Did we make the "coming out of the closet joke"? All day long...

Bring on the color!! I think that Dad & Brad were a little bit shocked to see such dark/bright colors...but they painted them none the less.

Mom following Brad -- Brad with the green, Mom with the tan...

Jacki on trim...thank goodness she's patient...and awesome at trimming!

This is the bottom of the baby's room -- this picture won't do this story much justice...but when Dad opened this can of paint (which just needed to be stirred), it looked like it was slimer green. To which Brad commented that his grand baby will probably have high hopes of working somewhere like waste management or highway crew. Thank goodness it came out to be a little lighter like I had envisioned it.

This is the baby's room -- pale yellow on top, green on bottom. Where the red tape is, we will hang a brightly colored border that matches the bedding. I'm pretty stoked to finally be doing something for baby. I'm glad his or her room is just about finished!!

The end of the day...needless to say. Isn't she glad she raised such avid hunters?? She was a sport!
-
Holy Cow!!! There IS a light at the end of the tunnel....
It's Monday morning, and all I can say is WOW! First of all, the power of family is amazing. All I'm going to do this morning, is highlight the weekend, and leave you with a barrage of photos to capture the ENORMOUS amount of work that got done this weekend. 2 days people...48 hours made a HUGE difference in that house!!
Family is an amazing thing. We owe our parents so much for all that they have done for us in the past two months...I mean, Mom and Dad have babysat Jason and I, while Brad & Jacki have babysat Murphy. They've helped with laundry, food, meals at the house, and their even greater contributions -- time and talent. They've pulled staples, wallpaper, hung drywall, sanded surfaces, and most recently, painted until their arms are ready to fall off. (unfortunately, I hope that they'll volunteer again next weekend to painting...but we'll have to be real nice to them this week!
).
In fact, my Dad even made the comment at one point, that he thinks he
painted more yesterday, than he has in his own house...and that's a feat
for my Dad...who hates painting. A few special thanks, and then some
pictures...
Jacki -- the only true trimmer of the group -- she's got the attention to detail and patience it takes to not get the colors on the while, and the green on the khaki. (See below).
Brad -- he's a "get-r-done" kind of guy -- and I think by now, he realizes that basically the whole house -- is going to be done in "Fresh Biscotti".
Jacob -- he did pretty well...was a huge help priming -- and then he went back to being 12, and Jason forced him into a closet to keep him contained and still working. I think that seeing the three deer in our backyard about mid-afternoon totally kicked his interest, so he manned the deer stand for a better part of the afternoon/evening. God Bless him though, he critiqued us on how well we'd done when he came back in! HA
Dad -- painted the baby's room with ease. Granted, it was one of the smaller rooms, but he did a great job painting the walls half and half, and I'm sure that his new grand baby will be very appreciative!
Mom -- I'm pretty sure she can't kneel down for the rest of the week...she trimmed out the bottom of every room...after painting the big walls.
Needless to say, they all did their part, and did it very well. We are VERY thankful to have such great parents/families. Brothers -- if you're reading this, it's your turn to belly up and help paint/move/do something at the house. No more hiding!
And now pictures...
This is the laundry room -- we've kept the bathroom & laundry room all one room, with an entry way between the two. Jason was adamant about having a "privacy" wall...while I only wanted a half wall. It's basically his bathroom, so he wins!

This is a picture of the bulk head they built to go around the pipes that come out of the furnace/A/C to the outside. It's also the closet that encloses the furnace/a/c. It makes the room a little smaller, but is much dresser, and has all that stuff hidden, where before, it was right out there.

Another big change, is that Jason took the french doors out that seperated the sunroom from the rest of the house. At first, I wasn't sure about this, but it's growing on me, and really opens up the space.

This is where the old cabinet used to be in the kitchen. We've got high hopes of sliding at least part of the fridge back into that space, so that we have a little more walk-room in the kitchen. And, I finally won a battle...we're keeping the wallpaper on this wall. It's fairly new, and in good shape...no reason to take it all off. Besides, we were originally not doing ANYTHING to the kitchen...you see how that turned out!

This is the drywall Jason replaced above the shower in the main bathroom. It was rotten and moldy, but now is going to be nice and new. Randall still has a lot of finish work to do on this, but it's a much better start.

Jacki prepping the upstairs -- notice all the dust flying in the air -- we were sweeping, sanding, cleaning, and getting things ready to go.

Dad sanding -- I think he even has his tongue out here, a Hall signature of hard work!

I could not get Jason to go home Saturday night -- I think he was just all jazzed up on getting so much done, he didn't want to quit. Ole 7 months pregnant here, couldn't wait to hit the road. My cankles were in bad shape! Here they are sanding the living room ceiling so that it can be re-textured. And yes, we were dumb enough at that point in the day, to trust Jacob with the power tools, while the two older guys hand-sanded!

This is at 11:00am Sunday morning. Eveyone's back, refreshed and ready to go. Look at all that primer!

Still priming -- look at all that dust!
Comments
Post a Comment