Skip to main content

What to do....

  •     Well, it's official. I've been shunned from working on my own home rennovation. As we speak, I've been kicked out of the garage where the ladies (Mom & Jacki) are staining our trim, and here I am...left to blog because I can't do anything else. Dad's rule. And trust me....he lets me know if I'm not allowed! True, better safe than sorry, but it kills me to know that other people are doing work that I should be doing for my own home. Many would think this is a perk of being pregnant, me, I just feel like a giant pain in the butt who wants all these things done to our home, but can't do them herself. It's rather frustrating. However, on the bright side...holy cow did we have an awesome weekend. And, not to mention, a jampacked weekend -- we primed, painted, went to a wedding reception, went to Wal-Mart to prepare for opening day of shotgun season, helped coordinate a church breakfast, trimmed out the places upstairs that needed retouched, and killz'ed and cleaned the floors downstairs in prep of laminate & carpet. (Go ahead, take a deep breath. My cankles were much obliged this morning when I called in sick...I could hardly move!)
    First of all, thank you, thank you, thank you to our friends and family who came out this weekend and manned a paint brush. The house is officially all painted, and there's not one room in that entire place, that didn't see some sort of color or light. Saturday we watched Randall finish up the drywall work and stomp all the final ceilings. In two weeks he finished out all that drywall and go things "paint-ready". He did a GREAT job, and is so time efficient! Saturday afternoon we primed the entire downstairs, and Jason and Trevor put up several more light fixtures. Jacki & Jess tackled a job that they've been begging to start on since we talked about buying the place -- cleaning the kitchen! This is funny to me, because the difference between those girls and myself, is that I like to have a clean home, but I hate being the one to clean it -- Jacki & Jess, they get a serious high off cleaning. My advice to them....have at it! HA They were in la-la land, and did a fantastic job. We're both amazed at how awesome the cabinets look and how things smell so clean!
    Well, I think by this point, you get the picture. We got alot done, and are on schedule to get vinyl flooring Friday, and Carpet next Tuesday. Not great timing if you ask me, since we have Seth & Jen's wedding that following weekend...so another busy week to move in, but hey...I'm not complaining. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. And, who says you can't move in a couple of evenings. I've begged Jason for our bed to go first, and to be there Tuesday or Wednesday evening...I told him that could be a gift to me...since by that point I'll be 32 weeks pregnant!!! We'll see...he didn't make any promises (he knows better than to get my hopes up, I'm easily disappointed when things don't go as I had them all planned out in my head! ). And now some pictures...
    Stacy & Karen came out Saturday to paint -- they did an AWESOME job on our sunroom, and really, knocked out on of the harder rooms on Saturday, so we could paint away on Sunday!
    House Renovation- Stockment 044
    Jacki & Jess, tackling the kitchen...notice the CLOUD of dust, dirt, grime and nastiness coming from the kitchen...
    House Renovation- Stockment 045
    Color hits the walls...
    House Renovation- Stockment 047
    Even Meredith joined us on Sunday...
    House Renovation- Stockment 046
    Dad's tackeling color -- just ask Brad if you want to know the color of the brown...he knows it by heart now!
    House Renovation- Stockment 050
    Jacki takes her work VERY seriously...here she is, laid out on the FLOOR to trim the corners!
    House Renovation- Stockment 053
    The colors coming together -- this light does the red color no justice...it's not pumpkin orange, it's more of a reddish/tan mix....much better in person than on here, but you get the picture...
    House Renovation- Stockment 054
    Aunt Nina has an uncanny ability to do very detailed things, that would take most human beings hours on end...in a jiff. She proved herself again. When she offered to help, Dad signed her up right away to trim in around the upstairs where we'd taped off. (The tape pulled some of the paint back off...). She, as expected, did an outstanding job, and even posed for a picture!!
    House Renovation- Stockment 057

    Again, many thanks to all who helped this weekend. Another successful weekend of work under our belts, and one step closer to move in date. (Which Jason will not set, because he hates deadlines by the way!) Keep your fingers crossed for more forward progress!  Happy Thanksgiving if I don't get back on here before then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...