Friday, 16 January 2009
Good moring. If there are typos in this post, it's because I'm at work on this wonderful Friday morning, sitting in my coat, scarf & gloves. And yes, I have an indoor office job. Apparently, when it's really cold, that's a great time to "curtail" the use of the Universitys steam supply, therefore, reducing heat output around the campus. Therefore, our office is FREEZING. When I got here at 8am, it registered at 52 degrees....mind you that it's currently NEGATIVE 16 outside....so, really, 52 should feel like a heatwave....but it doesn't. As of 10am, it's climbed to about 56, thanks to Lindsay's little space heater there across the room....but it's still retarded that we have to stay and work in these conditions. I mean honestly -- gloves, while typing?? I have to admit, I feel really bad for the students (and my husband) who have to actually work out in this crap! Except, I can't say that I feel all that bad for Jason...he's not real smart. He'd probably be out in this weather hunting, if he wasn't at work. He likes the cold --he's kind of a freak like that!So, I hope that wherever you are and whatever you are doing this fine Friday morning, you are warmer than I am. You know, it's mornings like this that I wish I liked coffee...if only to keep me warm...
On another note -- Happy 21st Birthday Matthew Robert. I don't think he reads my blog...he's not into that kind of thing -- but regardless, happy birthday to him. We're going to Muncie tomorrow to celebrate with him, and I've been informed that Jason WILL be hunting all day Sunday if we go to Muncie on Saturday. Whatever...let him get it out of his system. It's supposed to be in the 30s by then -- a true heatwave!! I hope to spend my Monday off (thank you MLK) enjoying my baby and cleaning my house!!
Happy Friday!!!
Comments
Post a Comment