I know, I know -- I said I'd finish my post that I started over the weekend -- it's still on hold. In the mean time, I have something totally random to rant about. Jason and I had this back and forth about whether or not we were buying each other gifts for Christmas. Finally, on the Thursday before Christmas, he decided that yes, we would, but only stocking stuffers and a $60 limit. Fine. Works for me (except for the fact that he gave me a very detailed list when I asked what he wanted, and two items on that list attributed for $40 of the $60...which left me relatively no room to be creative with his gifts....but that's a whole other rant). When asked what I wanted, I had to get kind of creative. After all, in this economy, $60 doesn't stretch very far. So, I listed off a cd, gift certificates for nails/pedicures, and as I was contemplating what else to add to my list, it occurred to me that I need more socks. Dress socks, that I can wear to work. You know, the cutesy ones with stripes or designs, in blacks, browns, greys, colors...etc. Perfect I thought -- it's cheap, and a good stocking stuffer. So, come Christmas morning, as I'm opening my stocking and all the incredibly thoughtful gifts Jason got me (and my one big gift, a three pack of wine bottles, which were obviously too big for the stocking) - I find a 5 pack of socks. They were adorable -- shades of brown with strips, dots, designs -- perfect. They will be great I thought to myself as I thanked Jason for finding such cute socks.
Except -- they are not. There is one MAJOR flaw with these socks, which I did not realize until today. You see Christmas evening, as I was tearing off the tags, and putting the socks neatly into my drawer, I noticed that they said "anklets" -- and I thought, uh oh. So, I tried one on, and figured -- eh, he went to the effort to actually buy my cute socks -- they'll be fine.
BUT THEY AREN'T -- and I didn't realize until today, when it's freezing cold outside, what a difference a normal sock makes in keeping you warm, in comparison to an anklet. These socks come up just above my ankles, and you'd think they'd keep me warm, but they are allowing this nasty draft to sneak up my pant legs, and I'm getting constant shivers today, and that's inside...we won't talk about outside. It's like a constant chill.
So, where I thought I could grin and bear it and make the most out of this thoughtful, loving gift of cute socks -- I might have to move them to the back of the sock drawer and forget about them. It's obviously too late to return them, and well, let's be honest. Jason probably doesn't remember a.) what they look like, or b.) that he even bought me socks.
End Anklet Sock Rant.
Comments
Post a Comment