Skip to main content

Weekend Adventures

This weekend was full of adventures. Friday evening, Doug Kingseed, a good friend of mine from Purdue (who happens to be a buddy of Dad's, now that they've met 3-4 times through out my years at Purdue and could always talk farming), came to visit. We met Mom & Dad, Trent, at Crossroads for dinner. As we got closer to leaving for Crossroads, our party grew, and it was tons of fun. Jeff & Jenna and Ross & Becky joined us, and later, Drew & Allison. We had a nice time over supper, and took the party back to Mom & Dad's when Colton was getting restless...wanting to get down and play with everyone! It was a fun evening of visiting, memories and laughter. I think Doug told my Dad more than he ever needed to know about my days at Purdue...haha :) Saturday Colton and I hung out all day, pretty much playing and piddling the day away. It was a great day together, while Jason worked some overtime. We hate to see him go on a Saturday, but know the money is worth it in the end. Besides, if he wasn't leaving to go work, he'd probably be leaving to go hunt, so we might as well add some cash into the equation of him not being home right?? HA He's a good Dad and husband to be willing to put in the overtime, especially during his favorite time of year. I know he's really just watching out for his family, and that means alot. Saturday night -- Ryan & Stephani and Seth & Jenna came out for a visit. It was fun to visit with them. The boys played on youtube while us girls watched the Miss America Pagaent. (Go Miss Indiana!). Sunday was church first thing -- and nothing was planned for the rest of the day. After we got back from communion, Jason leaned over and asked what I thought about going up to Hammond to the Cabelas up there...which told me two things. A.) He was wanting to get away for the day, and B.) he's probably been considering this all through Mass and not paying attention! HA So, after a little hestitation from me (it was snowing a fair amount!), we loaded up and the three of us headed out for a "family fun day!" It was actually a quick trip up there -- a little over an hour, and the farther north we went, the better the weather was. Cabela's was actually pretty awesome. I wasn't sure what to expect -- but there is so much to see and do...that I didn't get bored. We were in there for two hours, and Colton was a charm! Such a good baby, so patient. He just watched and enjoyed the animals, waterfalls, fish, etc. Here are a few pictures of that adventure.
This was right inside the store's front doors. They had all kinds of deer mounted, as well as racoons, opposoms, and other random wildlife. Jason thought it was pretty interesting too...espcially because a trohpy buck shot in White County is displayed there. (see the huge rack's in the background?)
DSC02762 DSC02763 DSC02765
Colton also really enjoyed watching the fish. He'd follow them, then look at us - kind of like, "what are they doing?" and then he'd giggle...
DSC02767 DSC02766
We even found his first Camo chair -- although, we didn't buy it!
DSC02769
After Cabelas, Jason compromised, and we stopped in the Babies R Us in Merrillville. I wasn't after anything in particular, but I'm always amazed by what those stores have in them, and because it's so close to Chicago, they usually have an AWESOME selection of Cubs appearal. We didn't end up finding anything there either, and the only bang Jason got out of the store, was the fact that they had probably 10 reserved parking spots for expectant moms (which really is awesome...). We caught dinner at Joe's Crabshack, and then headed back north for the night. It was a great family day together. I'm going to enjoy days like that with my little family.
Monday it was back to work, and randomly, today, I decided that Colton was getting his first haircut. So, I called Lisa up, and asked if we could come in. He didn't get much cut off (and I didn't want much cut off) but we had to get rid of the little rat tail that was working along his neckline! He was perfect. He sat in the chair all by himself, sat still and even giggled and showed off some. Of course, we had some goldfish there to aid us in the process, but honestly, he was great!
DSC02770 DSC02771 DSC02772 DSC02773 DSC02774
All trimmed up! It's amazing how a simple little haircut makes them look like such a little man!
DSC02775
Well...before I go tonight, I just want to ask for a few extra special prayers. A very special friend of ours is going through some rough times, and his family, friends and loved ones could all use a little extra help from above. We all know that prayer, and faith in God go a long way. He could really use anyone and everyone out there lifting him, and especially his five girls up in prayer. So, when you count your blessings tonight, ask God to keep him in mind. He's a pretty special man to my family, infact, he's like family. So, even if you don't know Joe, ask God to watch out for him.
Hope you all have a great night. I'll be back soon to post pictures, but probably not until after the big she-bang of a party this weekend. Happy Birthday Baby Colton!
PS. One year ago today was my due date, and I was counting down the days/hours until my first child would arrive.  It's so hard to believe a year has passed already! What a blessing we have in our first born son!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

Central Indiana Winter Spectacular

 We kicked off show season with this set of calves in mid-January at the Central Indiana Winter Spectacular, a first time show down in Cloverdale, Indiana. I'm not sure what was more fun - being with our kids and friends at a cattle show, or listening to our kids meddle over the thought of staying in a Motel 6.  (Backstory on this one -- when I worked at Purdue/in the Conference division, I held a few conference at The Hyatt in downtown Indianapolis. When I had events there, I'd earn points. We then would use those points for free night stays....I think I had maybe 15 or so over the years. So, the only hotel my kids know, is a Hyatt, because unbeknownst to them, it was FREE.....which is the ONLY reason we stayed in such a nice place with young kids. So, imagine their dismay when the Motel 6 in Cloverdale didn't have an Eagles Nest rotating up top, or an indoor pool and hot tub/workout area. We have officially raised hotel snobs.....because when we finally took them to the k...