Well, we're back to work. No more just hanging out at home with my family. No more days spend chasing Colton around and enjoying all the fun new things he's learning & doing. My favorite thing these days, besides the walking, which is a crazy new challenge in chasing and keeping up, are the kisses. Colton will basically give kisses on demand, and even though it's one of those mouth wide open, slobbery, not so much of a kiss, kisses, I still love them. And he knows that, because he just grins when he does like, like he's so stinking proud of himself.
After our first week back to work, and some time to start thinking/planning Colton's 1st birthday, and of course, I've gotten totally sentimental about the whole thing. I mean honestly, I'm constantly doing that "well, at this time last year I was ..." HUGE is usually part of the answer...I mean, remember this? And this was from December, a good month before I was due...
Anyway...I started bashing myself for never having finished Colton's baby book when he was an actual newborn and putting his hand/foot print into the book. So I got this wild idea. I thought we could take him to the pottery place, and make a cute little ceramic tile with his name & hand print or something on it. So, date night with my boys ensued and here's the outcome...dinner first at Moe's...he loved the chicken & chips!
He got to play in the play room for awhile while Mom prepped the tile...
Getting his hand painted, and he wasn't sure what to think...
But then he liked -- or liked her...one or the other...
And the stomp...
Final product -- and yes, the mess ups will burn off -- or at least that's what she told me...
Colton was a good sport for game night on Saturday night, and Sunday we just hung out at home before going to Penney's for 1 year portraits. They let us bring in a cake....priceless. Once I get the prints back, I'll scan some in to share...they are adorable.
Now, typically, I brag about how amazing my child is, and how he's a good kid, and honestly, we're blessed, because 90% of the time, he's an angel, but I'm here to tell you, he's starting to learn how to push the limit. I'll call this, the many faces of Colton Robert...
first a happy/funny face...
tired Colton...
Pissed off Colton...
Mesmerized Colton...
Laughing Colton...
And finally, even though Trent & Jason both told me to not put this on the web, I'm going to because I think it's cute, and damn it....it's my blog, I'll do what I want to! :) So anyway - Trent came to visit us the other night, and Colton was just a ham. And, he was giving Uncle Trent kisses....which Trent might deny that he loves, but I know he does. This video proves it. Notice how Colton totally looks like he's sniffing Trent before he actually plants one on him. I LOVE kisses!
Okay...lunch should probably be over now. It's ridiculous that we're even here-- it's registered at -10 degrees outside....yes, that's NEGATIVE 10 degrees!!! Pray that our house stays remotely warm tonight! Will write more soon...and will try not to wait so long next time! :) Enjoy!
Comments
Post a Comment