It's easy -- this time I blame the long absence in writing on the
holidays. And, as I sit here, nearing my return to work, I realize that I
have every reason to blame this long absence on a CRAZY holiday season.
Coming into Christmas & New Years, I really didn't think we had
that much going on, but it's amazing how you can easily fill up every
single minute of your free time when you take vacation. I ended up
taking off a full two weeks...and I'm pleased (or not so pleased) to say
that in that entire two weeks, I only managed to take 1 true nap (on
New Years Day) and slept in only one day -- until 8:30am. Welcome to the
life of motherhood & chasing a toddler.
Speaking of toddler -- our little new born baby is now 11 months old. Do you realize that means he's almost a year? How nuts is that? Time is flying. My last post he was just starting to walk -- holy cow, watch out world. He's really good on his feet now, and although there is the occasional lapse in his movement (he gets worn out and falls to his butt...which does not make him happy...) he can safely and fairly quickly travel from one end of the house to the other. Colton also enjoyed his first Christmas this year, and man was he ever spoiled. Toys galore. Learning toys, books, ride on toys...and do you know what he's the most interested in these days? The bench in the front sunroom with the little drawers he can pull his shoes out of and scatter on the floor. Oh, and the basket of dog toys that sits next to the bench. I swear...makes you just nod your head wondering why he won't play with the other, more sophisticated toys that we got him. But, to see his smile when he so proudly delivers another shoe that he's taken out of the bench...that's probably worth every penny. He's doing great, and growing, learning and changing every day. He's turning into such a little man!
Jason and I were pretty spoiled this Christmas also. We are blessed to have such great families. Lots of fun this year at multiple Christmas parties. We did the Stockment Christmas the Saturday before, my immediate family on Christmas eve after Mass, our new family on Christmas morning (boy was it weird playing Santa!
),
Jason's family for brunch Christmas Day, and then the Hancock side on
Christmas evening. The Sunday after Christmas was both the Hall and
Robinson Christmas parties. We chose the Hall this year -- and it was a
ball! Hopefully in the future we can plan a little better and not have
to choose...we hate choosing, but hadn't been to a Hall gathering in
some time, and well...it was worth it.
I think at this point, I'll let the camera do the talking -- we got some good pictures of the last couple of weeks. We also got a really sweet video camera but I haven't quite figured out how to get the video's off the camera and onto the computer. Maybe someday soon I'll figure out how to post those videos on here.
For now - still shots. This is Colton at the Stockment Christmas. He kind of helped unwrap his gifts...
On Monday night -- Aunt Nina and Laura babysat while Jason and I went to the Purdue vs IPFW game. It was a good game, and looks like a good time at home too... Aunt Nina is thrilled, because she is trying to teach him...NI-NA -- and he's almost got it mastered.
Colton wanted to help me in the kitchen on Christmas Eve --except he really wasn't that much help...
Christmas Eve with the Hall side...in the second photo, Dad was so thrilled with the "Johnny Tractor" books he got Colton and obviously, the couch was more interesting...
Okay...the rest of this post will officially have to wait. I've got a lot more pictures to share, and more stories to tell...but Colton's whinning at hip here at the computer, and well, duty calls. Until I have a bit more time...perhaps during nap tomorrow....enjoy! We're off to dinner with friends, then a Playoff Party with more friends. Busy evening!
Speaking of toddler -- our little new born baby is now 11 months old. Do you realize that means he's almost a year? How nuts is that? Time is flying. My last post he was just starting to walk -- holy cow, watch out world. He's really good on his feet now, and although there is the occasional lapse in his movement (he gets worn out and falls to his butt...which does not make him happy...) he can safely and fairly quickly travel from one end of the house to the other. Colton also enjoyed his first Christmas this year, and man was he ever spoiled. Toys galore. Learning toys, books, ride on toys...and do you know what he's the most interested in these days? The bench in the front sunroom with the little drawers he can pull his shoes out of and scatter on the floor. Oh, and the basket of dog toys that sits next to the bench. I swear...makes you just nod your head wondering why he won't play with the other, more sophisticated toys that we got him. But, to see his smile when he so proudly delivers another shoe that he's taken out of the bench...that's probably worth every penny. He's doing great, and growing, learning and changing every day. He's turning into such a little man!
Jason and I were pretty spoiled this Christmas also. We are blessed to have such great families. Lots of fun this year at multiple Christmas parties. We did the Stockment Christmas the Saturday before, my immediate family on Christmas eve after Mass, our new family on Christmas morning (boy was it weird playing Santa!
I think at this point, I'll let the camera do the talking -- we got some good pictures of the last couple of weeks. We also got a really sweet video camera but I haven't quite figured out how to get the video's off the camera and onto the computer. Maybe someday soon I'll figure out how to post those videos on here.
For now - still shots. This is Colton at the Stockment Christmas. He kind of helped unwrap his gifts...
On Monday night -- Aunt Nina and Laura babysat while Jason and I went to the Purdue vs IPFW game. It was a good game, and looks like a good time at home too... Aunt Nina is thrilled, because she is trying to teach him...NI-NA -- and he's almost got it mastered.
Colton wanted to help me in the kitchen on Christmas Eve --except he really wasn't that much help...
Christmas Eve with the Hall side...in the second photo, Dad was so thrilled with the "Johnny Tractor" books he got Colton and obviously, the couch was more interesting...
Okay...the rest of this post will officially have to wait. I've got a lot more pictures to share, and more stories to tell...but Colton's whinning at hip here at the computer, and well, duty calls. Until I have a bit more time...perhaps during nap tomorrow....enjoy! We're off to dinner with friends, then a Playoff Party with more friends. Busy evening!
Comments
Post a Comment