This time of year especially, I feel like life is just a constant state of chaos. I don't think that it helps that Christmas is basically right on top of Thanksgiving this year. I about had a nervous breakdown last night because although I'm done shopping -- our poor kids don't have a single wrapped gift to wonder about under the tree. They probably think they are getting stiffed this year. (They kind of are, but I'm hoping they are young enough to not really realize that!). I take that back, there is a lone gift under the tree -- a wrapped package from Colton to Jason and I that he put together at school. LAME, huh? I'm not winning my Mom medal of honor for this move, I have a feeling -- but I just don't feel like there's been time to do it all. Add in Keaton's fighting a cold, and now Emmalyn her first UTI...we've been a little preoccupied. I'm just happy to have my shopping mostly done. (Update...Jason and I wrapped EVERYTHING last evening, and placed it
under the tree. Colton was quite confused that Santa had come early when
he woke up this morning. Sorry to fake you out kid...)
That said -- we have managed to have a little bit of fun lately.
 |
| We had a pajama party with Sawyer & Ryder to watch Elf on the Shelf. |
 |
| We drove through the Pulaski lights display and had dinner at the Whistle Stop with Gram & Gramps Hall. |
 |
| We picked out our Christmas tree. After church. In our dress clothes. On the coldest day so far in December. |
 |
| Emmalyn really enjoyed herself. Can you tell? |
 |
| But, despite the cold...she is a magical tree in the evening glow. |
 |
| We made coasters for all the kids teachers. While Em snacked on Ice Cream. And drank water. Out of a shot glass. |
 |
| We had lunch with Aunt Dian & Gram Hancock and Grandma Mandy at Klein Brat Haus. And Emmalyn shared her applesauce with Keaton. Such a good big sister! |
 |
| We spent a snowy afternoon on the farm and went "sledding". |
 |
| Never mind that it was only 14 degrees out this day. |
 |
| Emmalyn found the Dr. Seuess Halloween Costume when we were cleaning out the storage closet. And Grandma Mandy's phone. So she leafed through pictures, like any good Cat in the Hat would! :) |
The fun never stops! Anxious to enjoy Emmalyn's first preschool Christmas program this week, and begin the festivities this weekend with the Stockment & Robinson sides. As much as I love Christmas, I HATE that it comes and goes so quickly. There's just something about the magic of this time of year, that I wished would last all year long...
Comments
Post a Comment