Emmalyn, you were the one we SWORE would never talk. Grandpa Kent would ask over and over, "Is she ever going to talk?". Funny, he didn't ask that question again after you rode along for some errands a few weeks ago. I think he knows the answer to that question, and has since changed it to "Does she ever STOP talking?". Pam, Dad & I have concluded the answer to that question, is a resounding NO! We think you even babble yourself to sleep....and you're 3 1/2 years old!
However, when we stop thinking to ourselves "all this talking is wearing me out", and listen to what you have to say, you're pretty funny. Here's a few worth hanging on to....
- Recently, you and Keaton stayed the day with Jenna while I worked and Pam was closed. You were talking away, and out of nowhere you said, "Will Jenna feed me there? I'll be hungry!"....to which Jenna laughed...of course she fed you!
- I caught you talking to your baby, and I heard you say -"Was that a bad choice? LOOK at me...." (which let me know that you are listening when I'm reprimanding you, but was kind of embarrassing to hear you repeat to your baby!)
- You are quick to tell me what "color" you got at school. You know that Colton gets graded daily on his behavior and that Mommy & Daddy like for Bub to get green, because that's the best meaning he had a great day. Even though your school doesn't do that, you are always quick to say, "Mom, um, I, um got a green today. I was a very good girl at school!"............which is great to hear, but obviously made up. At least you know what we're looking for!
And my, girl, how you've changed. We're in the (tasking) process of growing your bangs out....and you look completely different than you did, even just a few short months ago!
You're full of spunk, smiles, hugs & loves. And words. Lots of words. You've got a great big world ahead of you Emmalyn, and I have no doubt you'll tackle it with all you've got. (And if not, you'll just talk to them until they give you what you're after!)
However, when we stop thinking to ourselves "all this talking is wearing me out", and listen to what you have to say, you're pretty funny. Here's a few worth hanging on to....
- Recently, you and Keaton stayed the day with Jenna while I worked and Pam was closed. You were talking away, and out of nowhere you said, "Will Jenna feed me there? I'll be hungry!"....to which Jenna laughed...of course she fed you!
- I caught you talking to your baby, and I heard you say -"Was that a bad choice? LOOK at me...." (which let me know that you are listening when I'm reprimanding you, but was kind of embarrassing to hear you repeat to your baby!)
- You are quick to tell me what "color" you got at school. You know that Colton gets graded daily on his behavior and that Mommy & Daddy like for Bub to get green, because that's the best meaning he had a great day. Even though your school doesn't do that, you are always quick to say, "Mom, um, I, um got a green today. I was a very good girl at school!"............which is great to hear, but obviously made up. At least you know what we're looking for!
And my, girl, how you've changed. We're in the (tasking) process of growing your bangs out....and you look completely different than you did, even just a few short months ago!
![]() |
| Emmalyn - November 30, 2012 |
![]() |
| Late Summer 2013 |
![]() |
| Emmalyn - Fall of 2013 |
You're full of spunk, smiles, hugs & loves. And words. Lots of words. You've got a great big world ahead of you Emmalyn, and I have no doubt you'll tackle it with all you've got. (And if not, you'll just talk to them until they give you what you're after!)



Comments
Post a Comment