I'd seen this idea on Pinterest, and thought -- its easy, cheap & fun - let's try it out! So last week, Jason and I came up with a game plan, and surprised the kids. I had the tickets printed, and snuck them up under their covers.
We covertly put them to bed at 7:45...and they were not happy. It was a kicking, screaming, sobbing trip to bed. Jason and I just grinned...
He led them upstairs and read to them in our bed, while I popped popcorn and made hot chocolate. I got on my coat & shoes, and snuck up the stairs just as they were finishing their books. Again a fight to go to bed, but then...wait, what's this?
 |
| You should have seen their eyes when they asked "When will we go?" and Jason said, "How about right now?" :) |
Then downstairs to find more surprises...
 |
| A ticket puncher too -- just like the Polar Express... |
 |
| No shoes required! |
We loaded up, Keaton too -- then headed down to Battle Ground to see
the lights!
Such a fun evening! It was a beautiful full moon too! Back home, and right back to bed....after all, it was a school night! :)
Comments
Post a Comment