Well, after lots of excitement in the month of June, and plenty to share
in pictures....I'm doing a pictureless post, because I left my camera
at Mom's this weekend, and well....can't upload pictures of all the good
times we've been having without the camera. So, I'll do a speedy
version in a bullet format:
- I've survived June -- and it
wasn't easy. In the kind of job I have, work in the summertime means
pedal to the metal until about August. The workload I carry in months
other than June pale in comparison to the craziness that is June. And
this June, we added a few things...isn't that fun? Let's recap June in
Kim's world here:
- I hosted over 1000 4-H kids in the month of June for various 4-H camp programs
- We
had 200 cheerleaders & 400 older women here for other camps, plus
200 glittery sequin clad chorus women over the age of 60
- YES - it was pure & total chaos and headaches and business -- but it's over, and I'm so thankful....
- We
did an awesome thing as a family and if I get my rear in gear -- I'll
do a whole post devoted just to the event -- but we worked as a family
to surprise Aunt Dee at the Benton County Relay for life. What a
rewarding experience and a GREAT night with family & friends. We had
a great turn out, and together raised $2600 (and counting) for the
American Cancer Society.
- Jason, Colton and I took a
mini-vacation of sorts -- if you want to call it that. The last week of
June they drove up to Ft. Wayne to meet me (since I'd been gone since
Tuesday) and we enjoyed the Ft. Wayne Zoo, the pool at the hotel, and I
got to finish up working my conference...so it was a work/play trip.
Colton is a FISH in the water....and I've got an awesome little video to
prove it --- on the camera that I don't have here with me.
July
is fast approaching, or is here....since today is July 1, and really,
the craziness & business do not stop. Every weekend has something
lined up. It will be a fun rest of the summer....but I have a feeling
I'll need at least a week off in August to recuperate. July highlights
include: 4th of July weekend campout in our pasture, complete with a
slip'n'slide, bounce house & fire pit, my cousins Neil & Andrea
coming to visit one weekend, followed by Uncle Marc, Aunt Denise &
Erin the next, Stacy's Bachelorette party, Brock & Kelsey's wedding
at Spring Mill State Park, Jason and I's 4th Anniversary, the White
County Fair....oh, and I start a new job!
Yes, although I love
the craziness that is June in this office of the Conference Division,
I've accepted a job back where my heart is -- the College of
Agriculture. I'll be working as the National AgrAbility Project
Engagement Coordinator. I'll be doing marketing/promotions for the
National AgrAbility Project -- which focuses on farmers & ranchers
with disabilities. I'll still be housed here at Purdue and really
nothing much changes in teh way of benefits, etc -- I'll just be back
working with the folks who I can more closely relate with. I'll miss the
folks at Conferences, but I won't miss the overtime, bullshit (which
comes with any job I suppose) or the lack of leadership. I really feel
it's a good move -- so we'll see what happens!
Okay....pictures
to come. Probably an all picture post the next time you hear from me --
and hopefully, some incriminating video of us making fools of ourselves
on the slip'n'slide! :)
Have a great 4th of July -- be safe! Love to all!
Comments
Post a Comment