Monday, 06 July 2009
Yesterday afternoon, after a long weekend of camping, and a overnight with Grandma & Grandpa Stockment, I took Colton up to Wolcott for a quick retirement reception for Mr. Juncker. I could tell on the way there that he was pretty tired, but like a true trooper, he hung in there...until the ride home. We'd no sooner pulled out of Mom & Dad's driveway headed for Brookston, and he fell fast asleep.As much as I'd of loved to let him sleep until we got home, and then some -- I knew I had to stop in at the IGA and get a few things. So, against my better judgement, I carefully unbuckled my sleepy baby, and threw him up on my shoulder, where he was content to keep sleeping. I hauled a 25+ lbs. baby around the IGA with one arm, and successfully got my groceries/pushed my cart with my other arm, all without waking him up. The icing on the cake -- I reloaded him into the car without waking him, and got him into the house at home without waking him up. It wasn't until I tried to lay him down, that he immediately woke up in search for his Dad!
Sleepy babies are the most cuddly of them all...
Comments
Post a Comment