Thursday, 30 July 2009
Let this be my public apology, that I'm TERRIBLE about remembering to send cards. There, I said it...I know I stink....so leave me alone!I have a certain friend who is fantastic about sending birthday & anniversary cards....every year she sends one, and they always come on time. Do you realize this means that she actually knows when it's coming up, keeps the dates straight, takes the time to purchase a card in advance, write a cute little note, and mail it in time for it to arrive in my mailbox on the day before or day of the actual event? EVERY YEAR! I don't know how she does it.
A.) I don't remember anyone's birthday's, let alone anniversary's.
B.) The ones I do remember are immediate family, and I'd probably be shunned if I forgot them (and make no exceptions, their cards are usually hand delivered on the day of or right around their actual event date).
C.) I can't even utilize the handy little reminder tool on facebook that tells me when these such events are coming up -- I barely get off a cute little "Happy Birthday" on their wall.
D.) I could spend hours on end in the card aisle at Walmart or Hallmark, and still not make a decision -- they are either too funny, or not appropriate or cost to much, etc, etc. I'm not a good decision maker in that area...
I can hardly remember the last time I bought a card at the store, signed it with a cute little note, addressed it, attached a stamp & return label and put it in the mailbox. I mean, seriously....that's how bad am at this. Maybe it was a "sympathy" card.....yeah, those aren't fun to hand deliver.
I've often thought about just buying one of those "Current" boxes where you get like 400 cards for every occasion....but somehow, they just aren't funny/appropriate enough for me. They seem cheesey, but yet....I love to get cards in the mail, so why am I not returning the favor? I just don't know...
So, I'll continue to say "I'll try to do better"....but don't be let down if you don't get any cards in the mail from me anytime soon....it's not that I don't care, I'm just really crappy at cards....
Comments
Post a Comment