A couple of weeks ago, I had to go to Fort Wayne from Tuesday through Sunday. On Friday, the group I was hosting took tours all day, and they let me accompany them...and typically, I wouldn't do that, but this particular group was going to Shipshewana, and I've NEVER been there, and if you know me -- you know I'm totally infatuated with the Amish. I don't honestly know where it came from, but seriously, they fascinate me. Here are a few pictures from the day...
This is the education center -- what did I learn? That Mennonites came before the Amish....who knew!?!
These are just random horse & buggy shots -- I love how in the first one, the dad & kid are on van seats or something of the like...anything to pad their tushes!
LOVE the Amish!
That night -- Jason and Colton came to Fort Wayne to join me for the rest of the weekend. We swam & went to dinner Friday night, then they slept in/napped while I worked some on Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon was a trip to the Ft. Wayne Zoo, then dinner out. Sunday morning I worked for a short bit, then we all headed back home. It was a great weekend getaway with my boys. The best part of it all -- when they first arrived, Colton was walking in, and when he saw me, he stopped, stared a minute, then came barrelling towards me full speed head and when he jumped into my arms, he immediately looked back and said..."Dada"....although I could tell he missed me -- we still know who his favorite is! :)
We topped the weekend off on Sunday afternoon with a visit to a recuperating Gram Hall and a trip up to see Joe & Kathy...which Colton LOVED! (Although, I'm not sure who loved it more -- Colton or Joe & Kathy!)
Comments
Post a Comment