Today I am thankful for:
1. My washing machine and dryer. This one is a love hate. I'm thankful that I have the efficiency to clean our clothes (which pile up quite quickly) in the warmth and comfort of my own home rather than going out to a laundry mat, etc. However, what I hate is how quickly things pile up. This is in part thanks to my 3 year old (who shall remain nameless...haha) who feels the need to change his outfit to match every situation throughout the day. For example, if he's going to be playing basketball, he'd like to wear an armpit shirt, shorts, tall socks and tennis shoes, but if Dad mentions working outside, he must put on jeans, a t-shirt, sweatshirt & new socks. Then, if he wants to help Mom in the kitchen, he typically will put on sweats or another tshirt to match this mood, and will sometimes randomly want back into his pj's before the day is over. Perhaps it's an early sign of schizophrenia?? Regardless, since the kid produces so much dirty laundry, I'm thankful to have the capacity to do it at my will, in my own laundry room. Even though I HATE putting it away! ;)
2. Christmas baking. I love spending time in the kitchen as it is, but I'm thankful for the many memories that come with Holiday baking. Not only do I get to spend time in the kitchen, but usually I get to spend time in the kitchen with the ones I love, doing a good deed for our friends/family. I love that my kids beg to lick the beaters, almost no matter what I've been mixing, and that I've got a best friend who can't help but "trial test" a first go at chocolate dipped marshmallows. I am thankful for that beloved almond flavor that tells me these are "Christmas" sugar cookies, and words of encouragement from my Grandma Hall that can easily be found in the first section of my recipe box. She truly is my kitchen inspiration.
3. I am thankful for positive/encouraging quotes. I am thankful for the inspiration the provide at just the right moment. I've got a leadership daily calendar that often helps remind me to keep my head up, my nose to the grindstone and my morals in check. I've got a "daugher's love" daily calendar that reminds me that I have a Dad who would be my cheerleader through thick or thin. I get mailings occasionally from my "second job" (Tastefully Simple) that remind me to keep doing amazing things, and amazing things will happen to me. It's my sunshine on a cloudy day. It's a memory of a quote that I shared with FFA members state wide as a State Officer. It's a special card from a dear friend that I keep in my treasure box nearly 12 years later, to remind me that even though I didn't get that FFA office I so wanted as a Junior in HS, that better things were destined to come. I'm thankful for inspiring quotes and for those who share them with me.
1. My washing machine and dryer. This one is a love hate. I'm thankful that I have the efficiency to clean our clothes (which pile up quite quickly) in the warmth and comfort of my own home rather than going out to a laundry mat, etc. However, what I hate is how quickly things pile up. This is in part thanks to my 3 year old (who shall remain nameless...haha) who feels the need to change his outfit to match every situation throughout the day. For example, if he's going to be playing basketball, he'd like to wear an armpit shirt, shorts, tall socks and tennis shoes, but if Dad mentions working outside, he must put on jeans, a t-shirt, sweatshirt & new socks. Then, if he wants to help Mom in the kitchen, he typically will put on sweats or another tshirt to match this mood, and will sometimes randomly want back into his pj's before the day is over. Perhaps it's an early sign of schizophrenia?? Regardless, since the kid produces so much dirty laundry, I'm thankful to have the capacity to do it at my will, in my own laundry room. Even though I HATE putting it away! ;)
2. Christmas baking. I love spending time in the kitchen as it is, but I'm thankful for the many memories that come with Holiday baking. Not only do I get to spend time in the kitchen, but usually I get to spend time in the kitchen with the ones I love, doing a good deed for our friends/family. I love that my kids beg to lick the beaters, almost no matter what I've been mixing, and that I've got a best friend who can't help but "trial test" a first go at chocolate dipped marshmallows. I am thankful for that beloved almond flavor that tells me these are "Christmas" sugar cookies, and words of encouragement from my Grandma Hall that can easily be found in the first section of my recipe box. She truly is my kitchen inspiration.
3. I am thankful for positive/encouraging quotes. I am thankful for the inspiration the provide at just the right moment. I've got a leadership daily calendar that often helps remind me to keep my head up, my nose to the grindstone and my morals in check. I've got a "daugher's love" daily calendar that reminds me that I have a Dad who would be my cheerleader through thick or thin. I get mailings occasionally from my "second job" (Tastefully Simple) that remind me to keep doing amazing things, and amazing things will happen to me. It's my sunshine on a cloudy day. It's a memory of a quote that I shared with FFA members state wide as a State Officer. It's a special card from a dear friend that I keep in my treasure box nearly 12 years later, to remind me that even though I didn't get that FFA office I so wanted as a Junior in HS, that better things were destined to come. I'm thankful for inspiring quotes and for those who share them with me.
Comments
Post a Comment