Today I am thankful for:
1.Angels. I really do feel like I've got a few people up in Heaven who are doing their best to keep an eye out for me and my loved ones. I had the opportunity to be loved by them (and to love them) when they were here on earth and now that they are in Heaven, I really do feel like they are watching over us. I'm thankful that although his little memory can't possibly still remember them, Colton speaks of Joe (Kathy's Joe) and Great Grandma Hall as if he really does remember them. When we say our prayers at night, we always end with a "God bless..." and Colton lists off the people he'd like to bless. And then, we always ask Joe & Grandma to watch over us. Granted, Grandpa Hancock, Grandpa Hall are both there too, along with numerous other loved ones and friends. We are blessed!
2. Lazy nights in. Although, I'm not sure even on the laziest of nights in, I'm ever really that lazy. There's supper to be made, messes to be cleaned and laundry to be done on any given night, but if I'm at home, not going anywhere, in my sweats doing those things...there's a sense of calm to it all. And I usually find a way by mid-evening (8:30-9pm) to catch a warm spot on the couch and either curl up with my book or watch my favorite shows! I love that these are the nights where I can really enjoy the kids and that we don't have to feel pressured by anything going on around us. We can piddle through our evening and do with our schedule what we want. We are feeling like we have to be somewhere, doing something, dressed up nice and entertaining. I can actually be quiet and to myself if I want to be. They don't happen often, but I'm thankful for lazy nights in.
3. Chris Farley. Superficial to be thankful for Chris Farley, you bet, but the man has put some seriously good times into my life. Between Tommy Boy and Dumb and Dumber, a good majority of my high school days (and beyond) were spent quoting these two movies (granted, Dumb & Dumber was Jim Carrey, not Chris Farley, but STILL) and I still crack up when someone drops a line from these shows. I'll NEVER forget one particular sleep over at Stacy's house. We were in love with these two movies, and while Kendra and Gretchen laid in Keng's room, being quiet and going to sleep like we were supposed to be, Stacy and I laid in her room and quoted and giggled. (Perhaps I should have mentioned that Gretchen and Stacy had a big basketball game the next morning....and that they were both key players to the TC Girls Basketball team). Regardless, after some time and uncontrollable laughter...Papa Joe came thundering up the stairs and told Kendra and Gretchen to knock it off and get to bed, because the girls had a game in the morning and needed their rest. Of course -- even more exciting/hilarious to Stacy and I, because Keng & Gretch got in trouble for something WE did! HA :) Good memories. Anytime I'm feeling glum, these movies can move me into a great mood, in no time! :)
1.Angels. I really do feel like I've got a few people up in Heaven who are doing their best to keep an eye out for me and my loved ones. I had the opportunity to be loved by them (and to love them) when they were here on earth and now that they are in Heaven, I really do feel like they are watching over us. I'm thankful that although his little memory can't possibly still remember them, Colton speaks of Joe (Kathy's Joe) and Great Grandma Hall as if he really does remember them. When we say our prayers at night, we always end with a "God bless..." and Colton lists off the people he'd like to bless. And then, we always ask Joe & Grandma to watch over us. Granted, Grandpa Hancock, Grandpa Hall are both there too, along with numerous other loved ones and friends. We are blessed!
2. Lazy nights in. Although, I'm not sure even on the laziest of nights in, I'm ever really that lazy. There's supper to be made, messes to be cleaned and laundry to be done on any given night, but if I'm at home, not going anywhere, in my sweats doing those things...there's a sense of calm to it all. And I usually find a way by mid-evening (8:30-9pm) to catch a warm spot on the couch and either curl up with my book or watch my favorite shows! I love that these are the nights where I can really enjoy the kids and that we don't have to feel pressured by anything going on around us. We can piddle through our evening and do with our schedule what we want. We are feeling like we have to be somewhere, doing something, dressed up nice and entertaining. I can actually be quiet and to myself if I want to be. They don't happen often, but I'm thankful for lazy nights in.
3. Chris Farley. Superficial to be thankful for Chris Farley, you bet, but the man has put some seriously good times into my life. Between Tommy Boy and Dumb and Dumber, a good majority of my high school days (and beyond) were spent quoting these two movies (granted, Dumb & Dumber was Jim Carrey, not Chris Farley, but STILL) and I still crack up when someone drops a line from these shows. I'll NEVER forget one particular sleep over at Stacy's house. We were in love with these two movies, and while Kendra and Gretchen laid in Keng's room, being quiet and going to sleep like we were supposed to be, Stacy and I laid in her room and quoted and giggled. (Perhaps I should have mentioned that Gretchen and Stacy had a big basketball game the next morning....and that they were both key players to the TC Girls Basketball team). Regardless, after some time and uncontrollable laughter...Papa Joe came thundering up the stairs and told Kendra and Gretchen to knock it off and get to bed, because the girls had a game in the morning and needed their rest. Of course -- even more exciting/hilarious to Stacy and I, because Keng & Gretch got in trouble for something WE did! HA :) Good memories. Anytime I'm feeling glum, these movies can move me into a great mood, in no time! :)
Comments
Post a Comment