Today I am thankful for:
1. Memories. Unfortunately in this life, we don't get to hold on to those nearest and dearest to us forever, but once they are gone and the pain has subsided, I'm sure thankful for the memories we made together. I love pictures and home videos. Every now and then, I enjoy a good cry while sitting there watching old home videos and hearing those lost loved ones voices all over again. I'm thankful for the life lessons they have left and even more thankful that my angels here on earth, are now my angels in Heaven. If we were to lose everything material in this world, we'd still have those memories locked away in our hearts & minds. I'm most thankful for those moments.
2. Diet Coke & Iced Tea. There is not a single day that goes by, that these two don't help me through. I'm not a dependent coffee drinker, or any kind of coffee drinker at all for that matter, but I do rely on my Diet coke (or Diet Mt. Dew, if I didn't work on a stupid Coke Campus) every morning. Should I drink more water? You bet, but life's too short.
3. Country Living. When Jason told me 5 years ago that he had it in his head that he wanted to buy the place where his Grandparents raised his Mom & her siblings, I had my woes. He took me out to see the house, and it was pretty beat up. (The family had rented the home between the time when his grandparents died and then, and of course, renters don't always take the best care, not to mention...his grandparents were older when they last lived in the home and had lots of animals in the house). Between the pink carpet/pink shingles and paneling that lined the inside of the house, I was certain there was no way it could be cleaned up. I did love the red barns and the country setting, but it was back a 1/2 mile long drive way and you had to cross the railroad tracks -- so what about our kids getting to the bus and driving (would they stop for trains)?
Obviously, looking back...Jason has a visionary mind and me...not so much. Today I look at our home and I think about all the love and hard work that Jason (and I...after all, I did help...a little bit, but mostly Jason) has put into making that house a home for us. He's worked hard to clean up the barns, he's tore down the old/nasty garage, he has manicured the yard & property, and he spent countless hours bring the home up to date. It's warm & welcoming. It's charming. It's quaint. We've watched our kids run wild and free in the front yard, feed the cows in our pasture, shared numerous evenings around a bonfire pit with friends and have cozied up around the fireplace on a cold winters night. I never would have pictured it 5 years ago, but I couldn't be more thankful that my kids will get to grow up knowing country life like I did. Thanks Jason, for seeing the dream and making it come true for me. I love you!
1. Memories. Unfortunately in this life, we don't get to hold on to those nearest and dearest to us forever, but once they are gone and the pain has subsided, I'm sure thankful for the memories we made together. I love pictures and home videos. Every now and then, I enjoy a good cry while sitting there watching old home videos and hearing those lost loved ones voices all over again. I'm thankful for the life lessons they have left and even more thankful that my angels here on earth, are now my angels in Heaven. If we were to lose everything material in this world, we'd still have those memories locked away in our hearts & minds. I'm most thankful for those moments.
2. Diet Coke & Iced Tea. There is not a single day that goes by, that these two don't help me through. I'm not a dependent coffee drinker, or any kind of coffee drinker at all for that matter, but I do rely on my Diet coke (or Diet Mt. Dew, if I didn't work on a stupid Coke Campus) every morning. Should I drink more water? You bet, but life's too short.
3. Country Living. When Jason told me 5 years ago that he had it in his head that he wanted to buy the place where his Grandparents raised his Mom & her siblings, I had my woes. He took me out to see the house, and it was pretty beat up. (The family had rented the home between the time when his grandparents died and then, and of course, renters don't always take the best care, not to mention...his grandparents were older when they last lived in the home and had lots of animals in the house). Between the pink carpet/pink shingles and paneling that lined the inside of the house, I was certain there was no way it could be cleaned up. I did love the red barns and the country setting, but it was back a 1/2 mile long drive way and you had to cross the railroad tracks -- so what about our kids getting to the bus and driving (would they stop for trains)?
Obviously, looking back...Jason has a visionary mind and me...not so much. Today I look at our home and I think about all the love and hard work that Jason (and I...after all, I did help...a little bit, but mostly Jason) has put into making that house a home for us. He's worked hard to clean up the barns, he's tore down the old/nasty garage, he has manicured the yard & property, and he spent countless hours bring the home up to date. It's warm & welcoming. It's charming. It's quaint. We've watched our kids run wild and free in the front yard, feed the cows in our pasture, shared numerous evenings around a bonfire pit with friends and have cozied up around the fireplace on a cold winters night. I never would have pictured it 5 years ago, but I couldn't be more thankful that my kids will get to grow up knowing country life like I did. Thanks Jason, for seeing the dream and making it come true for me. I love you!
Comments
Post a Comment