Today I am grateful for:
1. Lazy Sunday afternoons with my family -all the time sometimes our lives feel out of control with the going here and going there of life. Very rarely do we spend a Sunday afternoon at home, in our sweats, vegging on the couch, scrounging whatever we can find in the fridge for dinner. What's the big deal about these days? I don't have to dress up and could care less what my appearance is. I hear my kids giggling, laughing and playing together (and occasionally throwing fits/fighting). I see my husband finally kicking his feet up and resting and relaxing and truly enjoying the kids during a random wrestling session or "I'm gonna get you" chase! :) Sunday's like these remind us that home is where the heart is, and that it takes laughter and memories to make a house a home. These Sunday's also remind me to SLOW DOWN. With every new plan I make to run here, go there, or do this or that...I'm rushing my kids lives away (not to mention my own...).
2. My very best friend, Stacy. Our story runs deep. Our parents are truly the best of friends. Her sisters are mine, and my brothers are hers. We have been on all KINDS of adventures together over the past 29 years, and each July 23, I get to revel in the fact that I'm STILL 9 months younger than she is. (It just dawned on me, that perhaps my parents got the idea to have me, after meeting her. Good move Mom & Dad, well played!) She is the first one I want to call when something good happens, and the first person I want to talk to when something bad happens. She always has the right words to comfort me and she can make me laugh in ANY situation. We've both had our ups and downs in this life and I think I can safely say we wouldn't have survived any of those things, without each other by our side.
Very few people in this world can say they've had their best friend in their life since birth...but we can. We've held each other up, we've lifted each other up, and we've never once fought or not supported the other. You can't buy that kind of friendship. I'm thankful she has found love and pray that she will one day know the joy of a mother, because that's what Stacy was born to be. She is confident. She is faithful. She is funny. I wouldn't rather have anyone else by my side over all these years. I love you!
3. My brothers. Who knew, huh? Honestly, these two may try to put on a front of tough guys, but deep down they have amazingly big hearts. I love watching them with my kids, and appreciate how they have accepted Jason into the family. Of course, the give him a hard time, but I wouldn't want that any other way. I love that they have grown into admirable young men, and that they both have great jobs and work hard at what they do. I will never understand their love of video games or how they can store so much useless ESPN data in their heads...but I love them for it. I will never forget Matt jumping around on one foot while playing Nintendo or Trent spouting out random sports facts....both of which they both still do to this day! God blessed me with a couple of great guys, and as much as they pretend to hate my hugs...I think they secretly love it. At least that is what I'm going to keep telling myself....because I love them, even if they are one sided!
1. Lazy Sunday afternoons with my family -
2. My very best friend, Stacy. Our story runs deep. Our parents are truly the best of friends. Her sisters are mine, and my brothers are hers. We have been on all KINDS of adventures together over the past 29 years, and each July 23, I get to revel in the fact that I'm STILL 9 months younger than she is. (It just dawned on me, that perhaps my parents got the idea to have me, after meeting her. Good move Mom & Dad, well played!) She is the first one I want to call when something good happens, and the first person I want to talk to when something bad happens. She always has the right words to comfort me and she can make me laugh in ANY situation. We've both had our ups and downs in this life and I think I can safely say we wouldn't have survived any of those things, without each other by our side.
Very few people in this world can say they've had their best friend in their life since birth...but we can. We've held each other up, we've lifted each other up, and we've never once fought or not supported the other. You can't buy that kind of friendship. I'm thankful she has found love and pray that she will one day know the joy of a mother, because that's what Stacy was born to be. She is confident. She is faithful. She is funny. I wouldn't rather have anyone else by my side over all these years. I love you!
3. My brothers. Who knew, huh? Honestly, these two may try to put on a front of tough guys, but deep down they have amazingly big hearts. I love watching them with my kids, and appreciate how they have accepted Jason into the family. Of course, the give him a hard time, but I wouldn't want that any other way. I love that they have grown into admirable young men, and that they both have great jobs and work hard at what they do. I will never understand their love of video games or how they can store so much useless ESPN data in their heads...but I love them for it. I will never forget Matt jumping around on one foot while playing Nintendo or Trent spouting out random sports facts....both of which they both still do to this day! God blessed me with a couple of great guys, and as much as they pretend to hate my hugs...I think they secretly love it. At least that is what I'm going to keep telling myself....because I love them, even if they are one sided!
Comments
Post a Comment